What's new

My Guess... 3017

Heath,

I 3017'ed half a brick of the ABCBA last year. I kept it in an IKEA container with a screw-on lid and never lost any scent. I pif'ed the other half to a friend and, while I'm glad he enjoyed it, I kinda wish I had that other half. It's that good.

Thanks, both you and Bruce kept yours covered. Mine is just a small sample and I put it in an open bowl, I'm sure those two factors are why I don't have any scent left. Oh well, it did shave really nicely. I'll refrain from further performance comments until the sample is gone.

Had an okay but rushed shave with MWF today.

I'm really looking forward to a soap that I don't have to fight every day to get a decent lather.

Had an okay but rushed shave with MWF today.

I'm really looking forward to a soap that I don't have to fight every day to get a decent lather.
I vote move on, brother. Not worth it.

Pick your absolute favorite soap from the stash to start next and enjoy the heck out of it.

Should finish the Maca Root off this week, meaning I can start February with the TOBS Sandalwood Cream. So far on my 3017 journey the thing I've learned is how bad I am a guessing the number of shaves left in the tubs... I think I have 2-3 left but that could all change...

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
AoS Sandalwood 11/14/2014 to 1/25/2015

I thoroughly enjoyed that. :yesnod:

Next I will finish up a tube of Speick leftover from Speicktember.

On the last week of Cade and trying to stretch it until I start MDC Feb 1. Cade has been great and it is one that I'll definitely replace.

I had my 5th shave yesterday with Haslinger Schafmilch and I went down 0.5oz. So that means I'm getting around 3g/shave.

So hopefully it will be finished in 26-28 shaves.

Decided to skip MWF and went with a Lea shave stick. Not a good first pass. Lathered up WSP rustic lavender. Mediocre at best. My fault.

Tomorrow it will be the Plisson synthetic and a cream. Need something reliable.

The RazoRock "Amici" is ripping a new one into my tub of T&H Rose cream. It's not my favorite brush because it seems to consume a lot of product to generate the required amount of shaving lather...........which makes it perfect for 3017.

Yeah, I really like the strength of the Sandalwood scent, it sticks with you for a while. Would be nice if that performance is at least pretty close in the soap, although I may just go for a tub of the cream.

Today a monumental event has occurred. After 100 shaves the Martin de Candre fougere soap expired in an avalanche of beautiful lather. It was a long and enjoyable journey.

Top Bottom