What's new

My Guess... 3017

Finished my sample puck of Stirling Lime this morning. It lasted a day longer than I expected it to. Nine shaves (four of which included a head shave as well) is not bad for a sample puck.

I split my box of Razorock ABCBA into two Ikea Gruntel containers, both filled to the rim. I gave one to a good friend here in Denver who I am trying to convert to wet shaving. He is loving the brush and soap thing and starting to get the hang of an old-fashioned DE.

I start the ABCBA tomorrow. It sure smells nice. Crisp Almond Cherry scent. Pics to follow.

So far:
Stirling Soap - Lime (Sample): 6/20/2014 – 6/28/2014
Mike’s Natural – Lily of the Valley: 5/12/2014 – 6/19/2014
Pannacrema – Namaste (Lemongrass and Oak Moss): 4/21/2014 – 5/11/2014
Pannacrema – San Francesco (Sandalwood, Incense, and Spices): 4/4/2014 – 4/20/2014
Stirling Soap - Scots Pine Sheep Soap (2 pucks): 2/18/2014 -4/3/2014
Mystic Water - Marrakesh: 1/16/2014 – 2/17/2014
Razorock – Christmas in Tuscany (First half of box): 12/28/2013 – 1/15/2014
Pannacrema – Nostalgia (Orange and Clove): 12/8/2013 – 12/22/2013
Stirling Soap – Coniferous: 11/10/2013 – 12/7/2013
Mike’s Natural – Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper: 10/19/2013 – 11/9/2013
Mystic Water - Lavender Lime: 9/22/2013 – 10/18/2013
Queen Charlotte – Vostok: 8/30/2013 – 9/21/2013
D.R. Harris – Arlington: 6/18/2013 – 8/29/2013
Stirling Soap Barbershop: 5/23/2013 - 6/17/2013 (second puck – not grated)
Stirling Soap Barbershop: 5/7/2013 - 5/22/2013 (first puck – grated into large container)
Cella (48g left): 4/27/2013 - 5/6/2013
Pannacrema – Fumo di Londra : 4/15/2013 – 4/26/2013
Mike’s Natural – Bay Rum: 3/31/2013 – 4/14/2013
Queen Charlotte – Rose Otto: 3/15/2013 – 3/30/2013
Mystic Water - Adirondack Jack: 2/21/2013 – 3/14/2013

Converted my Arlington back into a stick once again. Its journey has been puck -> grated puck -> stick -> puck -> stick ...... It can't seem to make up its mind :lol:
Here it is after 151 shaves in a Mama Bears tube. Getting through July should be pretty close to the end of its journey.

You are getting some serious use out of that puck!

Switched brushes with Captain Fawcett's today, changing from a Savile Row 3722 to the Rudy Vey 2011 B&B LE, and it was like starting from scratch with this soap. It's very frustrating.

Aside from the scent this soap sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I've become pretty picky with my soaps and creams, if they don't perform at a high level they don't get used.

You are getting some serious use out of that puck!

Aside from the scent this soap sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I've become pretty picky with my soaps and creams, if they don't perform at a high level they don't get used.

+1. There are more excellent soaps than I have room for as it is, average to poor performers get tossed and I move on.

I hear you, but it's a challenge now. I remember that it took me a good month to dial in Cade back in 2010, and was rewarded for my perseverance. When I hit it right, it's a great shave. Besides, the brushes are delivering an "it owes me money" caliber beating. I don't see it lasting through the summer.

Stopped to take a whiff of my Frozen Tundra while going by the bathroom tonight and noticed something shiny in the middle. I apparently broke through last night and didn't realize it. 23 shaves in and just barely seeing the bottom of the tin.

Still a fair amount of soap in there, will have to re-form it off the sides back to the middle soon.

I'm enjoying the shaves, but now I'm really excited to finish it and move on.

I hear you, but it's a challenge now. I remember that it took me a good month to dial in Cade back in 2010, and was rewarded for my perseverance. When I hit it right, it's a great shave. Besides, the brushes are delivering an "it owes me money" caliber beating. I don't see it lasting through the summer.

Beat it into good lather or beat it into the graveyard. I understand the challenge part of it too.

It's been a little while since I've posted in the 3017 thread. Over the past few weeks I've used up a couple of creams, first I found a virtually unused tube of Ingram Brushless cream, and it lasted me 33 shaves. It was really good as a brushless, and now it's long-discontinued and not available anywhere. Second, I had one of the little tubes of Coates Rose that I had only used a couple of times, and it only lasted 8 shaves before being all gone. I tried it brushless, and honestly, it wasn't meant to be brushless. The cream is simply outstanding when used with a brush. I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future, since I do have more of the Coates. At the present time I'm working on two products simultaneously, to get them used up and moving on to the next ones. The current 3017 creams are my favorite brushless cream, Noxzema Original Cleansing Cream, and for lathering purposes, I'm using my big tube of Mem Olive Oil shaving cream from Israel. It lathers thick and rich, and has a pleasant scent. I'm intent on using up a lot of products, in addition to having already sold and given away a lot of products I wasn't going to use. I like the concept of narrowing down the soaps and creams. It makes me feel pretty good.

Just wanted to make a correction ;]. I decided to use BSBC soap instead of Calani as my next and here's my list :)

I have just now locked in the performance and greatly enjoying this artisan soap. Smells fantastic.

---- bmilcs soap log -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06.11.2014 - XX.XX.2014 : Beer Soap Brewing Company - Italian Patchouli & Bergamot
05.12.2014 - 06.11.2014 : AoS Tallow - Lemon (2 shaves already)
04.24.2014 - 05.12.2014 : Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper (~15 shaves already)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im 3017 the rest of my Mystic Water. I might get through it, probably not.:001_smile

$Lather 2.JPG

I liked Green Fairy when I tried it. Actually, I think you recommended it to me. :001_smile

I love MW soaps, but last years Sabbatical and increased shipping prices, have seen me not use it yet.

Pretty sure it's going to get used very soon....and it's one I continuously open up to just give a sniff every now and then. :blushing:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Im 3017 the rest of my Mystic Water. I might get through it, probably not.:001_smile

View attachment 467127

That's just beautiful.

The NOS Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil soap rendered its last shave today. (5/21/2014 to 6/29/2014). I did enjoy the puck but now I am looking forward to spending the rest of the summer with a puck of Arlington.

Last edited:
I wanted to burn through PdP but it's so hit or miss for me.

I decided to kill off a couple bits of soaps, finished up a bunch of Stirling samples and a tub of Omega croap.

I'm going to work on my AOS Sandalwood travel tube next, then will have some TOBS and RR XXX tempting me.

Any idea how much an empty plastic tub of Razorock weighs? I spent a good 20 minutes searching in this thread and on google but came up empty.

I weighed the tub of RR Tight Buns that I'm going through tonight on the kitchen scale and it looked like it dropped about 9-10g over the first 14 shaves, but I'd imagine actual usage is more because I leave it covered and water is likely retained between usages.

Top Bottom