What's new

My Guess... 3017

I don't have a rover, but a I have a brand new in box puck of safari, and a brand new brush, a m7 clone...I'm up for playing!!

I finished a puck of Safari a couple of weeks ago. Not that we're in acquisition mode on this thread, but there is a Safari lot on BST right now (soap, cologne, EDT).

This morning I used up the last of my frankin soap, it was the remnants of Razorock Thirdeye and MdB. Goldachs is on deck next.

After two weeks with Gold Dachs, I'm really impressed. For me, close, consistent shaves and nice, thick lather.

My vintage Williams puck has at least another month. It's providing a decent lather. Much more cushion than the current version, but not as slick, nor is it as slick as vintage OS. Little boring without scent.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Tomorrow I will finish a tube of Old Spice that I have been using since I finished the Trumper Sandalwood (1/01/12 to 3/16/12). I will use a tube of La Toja since I will be traveling and then I will start the La Toja Manantiales/Rover Expedition on April 9th. That La Toja Manantiales is a big chunk of soap. :eek:

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will finish a tube of Old Spice that I have been using since I finished the Trumper Sandalwood (1/01/12 to 3/16/12). I will use a tube of La Toja since I will be traveling and then I will start the La Toja Manantiales/Rover Expedition on April 9th. That La Toja Manantiales is a big chunk of soap. :eek:

Is that La Toja triple-milled? Damn, I regret not picking that one up when I first read it was on its way out...

I broke from soap monogamy after finishing the RR Sandalwood, and had lovely 2 week dalliances with Proraso White, Vitos Super (almond) and RR Fresco. However, I'm back in for another stinit! I just mashed about 400 grams of my Cella block into a big ole mug, and will be working that over until gone (I’ll have some Cella left after that, but a more manageable quantity). I'm going to have to take some pictures showing the starting point and subsequent progress...and to show off the mug. Love that mug...

Is that La Toja triple-milled? Damn, I regret not picking that one up when I first read it was on its way out...

I broke from soap monogamy after finishing the RR Sandalwood, and had lovely 2 week dalliances with Proraso White, Vitos Super (almond) and RR Fresco. However, I'm back in for another stinit! I just mashed about 400 grams of my Cella block into a big ole mug, and will be working that over until gone (I’ll have some Cella left after that, but a more manageable quantity). I'm going to have to take some pictures showing the starting point and subsequent progress...and to show off the mug. Love that mug...

Welcome back to the fold! I wonder how long 400 grams of Cella will last you.

Ok...so on a totally unrelated topic, I just received in the mail today a tin of Pre de Provence. Holy heck, this stuff smells incredible! I'm going to have to go back through the earlier postings in this thread, because I know Bob (johnniegold) whooped up on a puck of this. Just an amazing scent...

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Is that one on your "to be replaced" list? Why or why not?

I just checked the thread and I can't believe that it has already been 2 years since I started the PdP. (4/172010, for those of you keeping score at home).

I believe this one did not make the "replace" list for no other reason than there are just some better soaps out there. But for the price point, PdP is a great soap and a nice addition to any soap collection.

Here's the Cella I'm working through (six days with it so far)...
The first pic is what's in the mug, and the second is to show the height difference between the mug and a tub of RR. I think I'm going to snap a fresh picture at the end of each month...curious to see what a 30 day dent looks like.

Attachments

• $Cella.jpg
    $Cella.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 316
  • $RR and Cella.jpg
    $RR and Cella.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 321
I finished a small travel tub of CF Lavender today. The scent is fantastic, but it won't be replaced. Creams just don't cut it. I'll be using a small tube of Coates Rose cream until the ascent of el Monte Manantiales begins on Monday.

I finished a small travel tub of CF Lavender today. The scent is fantastic, but it won't be replaced. Creams just don't cut it. I'll be using a small tube of Coates Rose cream until the ascent of el Monte Manantiales begins on Monday.

I've always been curious about CF...probably because of the price (and it does get good press here, though not for value, per se). I do have a CF cedarwood sample...lather is pretty good, but it dries me out pretty badly. The guy at work who gave it to me suffered the same result. I'll finish the sample one day, but I can't see myself picking up a tub.

Congrats on the victory!

My early experiences with Czech & Speake's "Oxford and Cambridge" soap have been terrific. I would assume that "88" is just as good and that the AOS soaps would be good as well. Great shaving!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Can I use a Somerset Rover ? If so the LaToja is calling.... and how long are we going at this ??

Brian, you could use a matchstick. You are always a welcome addition to the shenanigans that take place around here. As for how long this venture will last, only the Manantiales ghost will give that up.

Top Bottom