What's new

My Guess... 3017

If you look at my tally of soaps/creams gone through, I would say the answer lies there. Yes, I load very heavily as I don't want to be squeezing lather out of a brush for my third pass.

I imagine with regular loading it would last 2.5-3 months. Until I have my soaps down to the rotation and keepers, I'm loading extra heavy to get rid of them.

Institut Karite gave up the ghost this morning. I had been pressing it into the bottom of my Old Spice mug for the last couple of weeks. As I wrote earlier, it is a much softer soap than the triple milleds, but I have not compared it with the Italian soft soaps. All told, I got about 6 weeks from it, loading heavily. Loading normally, I expect to get about 3 months from a cake. This soap is outstanding, and the best veggie soap I have used hands down. It will definitely be replaced. Of the soaps I have finished, the following will be in the rotation: MWF, IK, Harris Arlington, AoS Lavender.

I am going to work my way through a series of small soaps next, starting with Haslinger Marigold.

Institut Karite gave up the ghost this morning. I had been pressing it into the bottom of my Old Spice mug for the last couple of weeks. As I wrote earlier, it is a much softer soap than the triple milleds, but I have not compared it with the Italian soft soaps. All told, I got about 6 weeks from it, loading heavily. Loading normally, I expect to get about 3 months from a cake. This soap is outstanding, and the best veggie soap I have used hands down. It will definitely be replaced. Of the soaps I have finished, the following will be in the rotation: MWF, IK, Harris Arlington, AoS Lavender.

I am going to work my way through a series of small soaps next, starting with Haslinger Marigold.

I have Haslinger Aloe Vera and love it. I'm curious to see what you think of the Marigold.

proxy.php

Thought it'd be dead by now. Chunk of Lime musk showing through. MWF on deck (There are only a couple of weeks left in it.).

I have Haslinger Aloe Vera and love it. I'm curious to see what you think of the Marigold.

The lather this morning was excellent. It whipped up quickly and easily. I will have to play with the water ratios a bit, because it was actually too thick during the first pass. The scent was fairly subdued, but very pleasant.

I see you are really trying to conjure up some sympathy with that pathetic rotation. :wink: :biggrin:

:lol:

On to my Wool Fat remains. I put the scraps of the last combo soap in the ceramic dish (Looks wrong, but the whole puck needs to be used!). After the Fat I'm thinking combining a piece of vintage Old Spice and 2/3 of a puck of vintage Williams. I think I go to a cream after that.

proxy.php

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
On to my Wool Fat remains. I put the scraps of the last combo soap in the ceramic dish (Looks wrong, but the whole puck needs to be used!). After the Fat I'm thinking combining a piece of vintage Old Spice and 2/3 of a puck of vintage Williams. I think I go to a cream after that.

proxy.php

You are the hybrid master!

Lol. After the Old Spice and Williams I will have tied up some loose ends. Pure soaps from then on. And man was it good to get back to the Fat! This'll be gone before March.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Still going with the Trumper Sandalwood. This soap really does produce a very nice lather. I am still enjoying it. As far as time frame goes, this soap still has another month and a half or more and that's okay by me.

I'm still moving along nicely with my puck of Marlborough. Great lather, wonderful winter scent and a perfect soap for our current cold spell.

Still going with the Trumper Sandalwood. This soap really does produce a very nice lather. I am still enjoying it. As far as time frame goes, this soap still has another month and a half or more and that's okay by me.

By the way, what's in your current "Murderer's Row"? I seem to recall the Eagle in Best and a 57, and you've since added a Rover.

Chugging along with a my puck of I Coloniali cream soap. It's going pretty well, but I've been lathering heavily and I'm breaking in two boars with it. Two lathers a night should make it go pretty quickly. I have noticed that it is nearly impossible to face lather it with a new boar.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
By the way, what's in your current "Murderer's Row"? I seem to recall the Eagle in Best and a 57, and you've since added a Rover.
Eight days a week:
Chubby 1 Best
Duke 3 Best
Eagle G3 Best
Astor 2-Band Super
The "56" Best
Tulip 2 2-band Super
Rover Best
Colonel X2L Best

Last edited:
Top Bottom