What's new

My Guess... 3017

My memory may be failing, but this is one of the first times (if not THE first) that someone decided to go monogamous with one of the soft soaps. The rest of us have been slogging it out with the triple milleds. I'm very curious to get an idea of the longevity of Cella, or KK or P160 when used everyday.

My memory may be failing, but this is one of the first times (if not THE first) that someone decided to go monogamous with one of the soft soaps. The rest of us have been slogging it out with the triple milleds. I'm very curious to get an idea of the longevity of Cella, or KK or P160 when used everyday.

I will be interested to see how this comes along as well.

Arlington Rocks!

Just sayin' :biggrin1:

I tried to get a photo that shows how used the Cella is that I am starting on, but the surface just won't show up. I guess that I am between a half to two thirds done the bowl. It will be more instructive when I re-load with P.160 and go straight through.

I'm planning on P160 sometime in the future, but my QCS lasted about a month and I'd classify it as a soft soap.

I'm on a mini hiatus though as after I finished my 88 sample I used Vitos for a couple days. Used P160 last night to compare (which IMO is superior to Vitos) and am going to use Cella this evening to get a good ranking of the Italians.

Next week I start on the puck of Fitjar though, which according to my scale is the 65g puck.

From much earlier...

Same, tomorrow will be the 14th use of my 150 gramme tub of Cella - its at least 1/3 gone. If anybody wants to experience the curious satisfaction of using a soap daily from start to finish, Cella is a good choice; it will last less than 2 months and is, of course, a very very good soap.

Didn't stick with it. That tub of Cella still has a lot of life left in it, and has seen about 30 well lathered shaves. I'd guess about 8-10 weeks of daily use. The thing is, it seemed to show a big dent instantly, more noticeably than a hard soap, but then didn't vanish as quickly as expected.

~Adam

If it's of any value, I've been using Figaro soap exclusively for the past three months. I second ignatius in that the first month saw the soap decimated, but then its as if I'm not making any progress at all.

From much earlier...

Didn't stick with it. That tub of Cella still has a lot of life left in it, and has seen about 30 well lathered shaves. I'd guess about 8-10 weeks of daily use. The thing is, it seemed to show a big dent instantly, more noticeably than a hard soap, but then didn't vanish as quickly as expected.

~Adam

I knew the memory was failing!

The MWF around the edges of the dish are breaking into pieces, I will press them into the bowl tonight and work to finish this puppy off.

When I finish this cake of Mitchell's (10 days at best), I will be switching to the creams in the cabinet to finish them. That will take several months.

Good luck with that. I've been using creams 4-5 times a week for at least the past year, year and a half in an effort to finish them off. I bet I've still got a good year or better to go.

Those tubes and tubs go a long way.

Well I started on the Fitjar puck last night that was generously given to me. Had some face sensitivity though with something in it. Will give it another go tonight, but if I get the same thing then this puck will be getting re-PIFed out there.

I haven't encountered really anything that would cause issues with face sensitivity, so this is new to me.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Used the Classic 2 on the Floris JF today. Seriously, this brush just puts a hurtin' on any soap you use. It is the Soap Eraser.

Well I started on the Fitjar puck last night that was generously given to me. Had some face sensitivity though with something in it. Will give it another go tonight, but if I get the same thing then this puck will be getting re-PIFed out there.

I haven't encountered really anything that would cause issues with face sensitivity, so this is new to me.

Just out of curiosity, which scent was it and is is the tallow version?

Good luck with that. I've been using creams 4-5 times a week for at least the past year, year and a half in an effort to finish them off. I bet I've still got a good year or better to go.

Those tubes and tubs go a long way.

Fortunately, these tubes already have major dents in them.

Wanderlust. Is. Driving. Me. Nuts.

I'm in the home stretch with MWF, having pulled the soap away from the edges and pressed it into the bottom of the bowl. The lather is fantastic, and here I am at 11 o'clock at night wondering if I should use some thing else tomorrow. Seriously, brain? You've battled this soap since January 17, you've seen the promised land at the bottom of the bowl, and NOW you decide you want to go play with the Acca Kappa?

Don't mind me. Nothing to see here. Carry on. :blink:

Wanderlust. Is. Driving. Me. Nuts.

I'm in the home stretch with MWF, having pulled the soap away from the edges and pressed it into the bottom of the bowl. The lather is fantastic, and here I am at 11 o'clock at night wondering if I should use some thing else tomorrow. Seriously, brain? You've battled this soap since January 17, you've seen the promised land at the bottom of the bowl, and NOW you decide you want to go play with the Acca Kappa?

Don't mind me. Nothing to see here. Carry on. :blink:

Superlather is allowed. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom