What's new

My Guess... 3017

In case anyone was wondering (not that I can imagine why anybody would), my travel shaves with the Arlington Shave Stick were wonderful. Arrived back home tonight and will return to my DRH Lavender puck with a vengeance tomorrow morning.

In case anyone was wondering (not that I can imagine why anybody would), my travel shaves with the Arlington Shave Stick were wonderful. Arrived back home tonight and will return to my DRH Lavender puck with a vengeance tomorrow morning.

Are you kidding? It's all I could think about at work today :lol:

actually, not really....but I was thinking of your year with DR Harris and am looking to add some pucks via trade shortly.

Not sure I need a puck of each, but it's one of those lines that I want them all and can't pick just 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Provence Sante Cream Finished today MEH

SCS Bay Rum with a twist tomorrow

SCS Pumpkin 10.1.2012 to 10.25.2012 will replace
SCS Sandlewood 10.26.2012 to 1.30.2013 ( Huge puck from Sue auctions) will replace
Klar Siefient 2.1.2013 to 3.16.2013
Vintage Yardley 3.17.2013 to 3.24.2013 (just a small amount, Thanks Rudy) Damn I wish could replace this
Klar 3.25.2013 to 4.5.2013 will not replace
Vintage Colgate 4.6.2013 to 5.06.2013 Wished I could replace
LaToja Manantiales 5.07.2013 to 5.25.2013 I would replace if I could.. I do have 1 more puck
Samples SCS Mochaccino 5.26.2013 to 5.29.2013 Will definitely buy
Samples Provence Sante cream 5.30.2013 to 5.31.2013 Will Not Buy
SCS Bay Rum with a twist 6.01.2013 to 6. .2013

Lol! It may be a small stash by your guys' standards, but it's enough soap to last me a lifetime! At any rate, I'm in. The soap that I've used the most of so far is my Harris Windsor, so I guess I'll start there. I sure hope croaps don't really go bad... with all my Mike's, my tub of Cella, and my 2 Razorock croaps, I would be bummed if they spoiled on me.

Last edited:
My puck of Arlington fell apart yesterday morning and had to be smushed back into the bottom of the container. Still getting great shaves, and look forward to trying more of the Harris line!

Lol! It may be a small stash by your guys' standards, but it's enough soap to last me a lifetime! At any rate, I'm in. The soap that I've used the most of so far is my Harris Windsor, so I guess I'll start there. I sure hope croaps don't really go bad... with all my Mike's, my tub of Cella, and my 2 Razorock croaps, I would be bummed if they spoiled on me.

good choice. I wish I had purchased some Harris Soaps to start my sabbtaical year, but will make sure to have the full line in 2014.

as for spoiling, I've only been at wet shaving for a couple years (2.5), but have yet to have a single product spoil, turn or start to look like it's going bad. I just stuck a NB cream in the freezer, as that is one I have heard others say it starts to separate after a while and I won't get to mine for a cpl more months or longer, depending on what I choose to use next.

good choice. I wish I had purchased some Harris Soaps to start my sabbtaical year, but will make sure to have the full line in 2014.

as for spoiling, I've only been at wet shaving for a couple years (2.5), but have yet to have a single product spoil, turn or start to look like it's going bad. I just stuck a NB cream in the freezer, as that is one I have heard others say it starts to separate after a while and I won't get to mine for a cpl more months or longer, depending on what I choose to use next.
It's my understanding that NB says their cream is only designed to last six months or so.

Has anyone ever had a cream or croap actually spoil? What happens when it does? I only have NB and CO Bigelow in my den as far as creams go so I'm not too worried about it but I'm interested to know how you would tell if it had spoiled.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

I have had several soft soaps that were in rotation for several years and what happens is they get kind of clumpy. They still performed well, but the appearance wasn't the same. I have a tub of Cella that I've been using for over 2 years and it has developed a bunch of evenly distributed lumps. The Valobra soft soap that I bought at the same time is not experiencing this issue, but I don't use it as much.

The winner of the joint PIF from InspiringK and brothers is: Post #3571 - Brucered!

WOOHOO....I wasn't posting or planning on the PIF, but I haven't won a PIF in quite a while and with the Sabbatical hardship months ahead (1/2 mark), I'm sure I could put some product to good use.

I promise to post some pics and thoughts on any of the items I put to use and anything not used will be re-PIF'd or given away to get a few office workers hooked on wet shaving.

Thanks a bunch guys, it's much appreciated.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that NB says their cream is only designed to last six months or so.

Has anyone ever had a cream or croap actually spoil? What happens when it does? I only have NB and CO Bigelow in my den as far as creams go so I'm not too worried about it but I'm interested to know how you would tell if it had spoiled.

The only product I have had that has changed negatively since purchase is Cella. It changed color and the scent changed. I bought it used so I couldn't tell you how old it is. It still performed the same. Someone sold me some P160 that had a different consistency than all the P160 that I do own. I didn't bother asking the guy who sold it to me what was up with it but it was a bummer that it came to me that way. I have 2 kilos of P160 that are over 2 years old that have not changed. Seeing as I cut small chunks out, I don't anticipate anything happening to them.

Other changes include hardening up of croaps or creams. My valobra did this after not being in a seal-tight container. Still performs the same. I've had 2 creams harden up, both over 2 years old: DR Harris Arlington and AOS lavender. Still smell great and behave just like soft-soaps so that was actually a plus for me. I know you can rehydrate them but I'd rather keep them as soft-soaps.

I own a lot of vintage soaps and none go bad. Only thing that happens is scent goes away. Yardley comes to mind, but these are 20-30 year old soaps.

So, I started off the new year with great intentions of going along with this. I did well for about a month but then had to move and that got me all out of whack. However, I'm recommitting myself to the 3017 way. I have been using DR Harris Arlington for the past several shaves. Initially I did not care for it but I'm starting to figure it out so I will now use this until it's gone. So, as of about 9 days ago:

DR Harris Arlington: 24 May 2013 - ??

I have had several soft soaps that were in rotation for several years and what happens is they get kind of clumpy. They still performed well, but the appearance wasn't the same. I have a tub of Cella that I've been using for over 2 years and it has developed a bunch of evenly distributed lumps. The Valobra soft soap that I bought at the same time is not experiencing this issue, but I don't use it as much.

yeah I took my razorock to the caribbean and after going back and reusing it , lets just say it doesn't do well with heat either

Top Bottom