What's new

Make your own Razor/Brush Stand

I did this when I first started using a brush and DE. It's ok until you find something else. It's a real pain in the balls and doesn't look good on the counter.

Thanks for the link. I've always loved that website. What I really like were the pro-wetshave comments that went with the project. This included references back to B&B. Perhaps we'll gain some converts.

Nate.

I did my own kind of variation on this stand. I used the bent coathanger concept, and coated it with spray plasti-dip so it was rubberized. Then I added a 50 cent wooden block from the local Hobby Store for the base. After some stain and a coat or two of clear polyurethane, I came out with a nice functional stand. I've been using it for about a week, and it's doing nicely.

I did my own kind of variation on this stand. I used the bent coathanger concept, and coated it with spray plasti-dip so it was rubberized. Then I added a 50 cent wooden block from the local Hobby Store for the base. After some stain and a coat or two of clear polyurethane, I came out with a nice functional stand. I've been using it for about a week, and it's doing nicely.

The wooden base is a nice touch. Improves the look greatly :thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You high rollers get me.
attachment.php

Here's my 1/10 penny version.

$2013-07-19 20.26.26.jpg

My first DE razor kit just arrived! Was travelling for work but snuck into the office after house to pick up the kit for the weekend and after wrecking two coat hangers - this is my third attempt!

If it's nothing to look at, then why am I looking at it?

Hmmm. Very creative and ingenious.

The big problem I have with almost all of these stands is that they necessitate hangine a damp brush near a loaded safety razor. I believe that is not good for the blade. It's a basic teaching in Shaving 101 to keep one's blades away from moisture to prevent mini corrosion of the cutting edges.

Hey everyone. I'm new to the whole wet shave deal and since I'm still in college I am on a shoestring budget. I had originally made the same wire hanger stand (no brush yet, but that is going to be my next purchase after some nice shave cream) but I decided I was going to need something a little more. Using some salvage wood and some cheap parts from Lowes (>$1.50) I made a nice urban stand. I'm thinking of making an instructable for it, but I wanted to share it with the good people of B&B before that. Let me know what you think.
$IMG_20130728_191007.jpg

Top Bottom