What's new

Baby oil as a pre-shave

I wet shave after I shower. Lately, however, I've been getting some rough shaves. Today I rubbed some baby oil on my face before putting on the shaving cream and it made a big difference for the better. You have to rinse your blade more often, though. God bless.

Occasionally I use Avon Skin So Soft in the shower on my face before I get out and it seems to help also. It isn't as heavy a oil as baby oil but hey if it works for you then thats what counts!

The only problem is that johnson & johnson baby oil is mineral oil which can clog the skin - other oils (olive or nut oils) are much better for the skin.

I used olive oil this morning for the fun of it. Nice smell and I got one of my best shaves yet - although I'm still new and it took more passes than usual. I have read comments from others that use it routinely.

Nate.

The only problem is that johnson & johnson baby oil is mineral oil which can clog the skin - other oils (olive or nut oils) are much better for the skin.

+1

I used to add some drops of olive oil while lathering, but then I've stopped because it was difficult to wash off my brush.

Currently, I'm having nice shaves by slowly face lathering with Gillette cream.

Top Bottom