What's new

Moving right along.

Just completed my 12th or so str8 shave and just using the razor each and every time has done wonders for me. I'm really confident in moving the blade around, and have dropped back to my DE routine of 2 passes, WTG and ATG. These are followed, as I do with DE's, by water cleanup.

No nicks now, unless I do something really stupid. But I do have the occasional weeper which I know is due to pressure. All in all things are really falling into place now, even those trouble areas on my neck by the adam's apple are falling into place. I'm still getting some razor burn though, but I swear I'm not using pressure. I know that I must be though, otherwise there wouldn't be the burn, but sometimes it seems that some pressure is needed or the whiskers just don't get cut. Any advice here? :001_rolle :001_tongu

Thanks,

Paul

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would suggest stretching the skin around there as much as you can and go a bit slower. With pratice, it will get better!

No advice because I'm about as new as you with the straight. But congrats on the success so far!

The question I have is, How's your stropping? it might cause some of the pulling/dragging/non cutting of hair if your stropping technique is a little off.

of course, practice helps ya get better, You can never over strop a razor after all :001_smile

i'd say you just need a bit more practice. Its going to keep getting better, and as you can control the pressure more and more those weepers will stop

Top Bottom