What's new

Creed REL vs. Knize Ten...HELP!

Gentlemen,

I'm debating between Creed REL and Knize Ten. I've sampled both and find each very nice. I'm a big fan of the leather scent, i.e. Old Spice Leather, English Leather by Dana. I've sampled as well T&H Spanish Leather and do not find it as interesting as it has a bit of something that I can't put my finger on. Any thoughts or experiences anyone might have with each or both, would be greatly appreciated.

While I'm on the subject, for all you leather fans out there, is there any reputable shave soap that goes well with any of the above fragrances?

Thanks in advance.

Joeman

I have tried Knize 10 and am about to sample REL.

Knize 10's rep is as the more potent and potentially polarizing scent. REL probably a bit more traditional.

I found Knize a bit sweeter than I expected, but very wearable. A nice leather scent. You'd have to watch to dosage on it though. It's pretty intense.

There are some guys in here with experience with both. I'll be interested in seeing what they say given that I'm also considering one of these two.
Nid Hog's got a great nose and I'm quite sure has used both.

Last edited:
Im a lover of Knize Ten more than my REL. It is definitely not for the faint of heart. It is a two spray max, and I love strong scent but two is it.

I am also a lover of leather but I don't notice much as I do with English Leather or even my Creed. I get more moss/musk smell but real warm out of the K10 but not sweet even though many say it has a vanilla smell.

I haven't even used my Creed this year which I feel guilty because I paid so much for it but when it's time to get my Humphrey Bogart on, K10 is the one.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
While I'm on the subject, for all you leather fans out there, is there any reputable shave soap that goes well with any of the above fragrances?

There's an excellent shave soap made my Knize scented with ... take a guess ... go on, three guesses, first two don't count. :001_rolle

(answer ... K-10)

I know you didn't ask for other recommendations, but I just wanted to throw the Chanel Antaeus name out there as it's my favourite leather scent and there is an after shave balm as well I believe. The vintage stuff is fantastic!

I personally think Knize Ten is a bit over the top, however if you can pull it off then damn, I must say I am a bit envious! :laugh:

I've only sampled K10, but if you do end up going with the Creed, keep in mind there are a number of nice leather scents out there that don't cost a lot. Woods of Windsor for Men, Elsha 1776, Montana Homme (red box), and Dunhill 1934 can all be had for $30-50 each.

Okay, okay enough piling on the REL. It is one the few frags from Creed that lives up to the Creed hype.

REL and Knize Ten cannot really be compared, their intent is different. As I understand it, REL is intended to smell like, well, leather. So it is an ultra-rich leather accord and not much else. Knize Ten, on the other hand, was intended to smell like the inside of an Austrian men's club. So it is leather, smoke, vanilla and all sorts of goodness.

I know you didn't ask for other recommendations, but I just wanted to throw the Chanel Antaeus name out there as it's my favourite leather scent and there is an after shave balm as well I believe. The vintage stuff is fantastic!

I personally think Knize Ten is a bit over the top, however if you can pull it off then damn, I must say I am a bit envious! :laugh:

Terrific, thank you for your input. As a guy who is lacking in the cologne area of knowledge, advice is appreciated and welcomed. I'll check it out.

Mucho Thanks!

Joe

I've only sampled K10, but if you do end up going with the Creed, keep in mind there are a number of nice leather scents out there that don't cost a lot. Woods of Windsor for Men, Elsha 1776, Montana Homme (red box), and Dunhill 1934 can all be had for $30-50 each.

Great, leather is what I'm looking for so this will be extremely helpful. Question, are these readily available?

Joe

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

I wore K10 for some 20 years exclusively, never had the feeling its over the top, its for me just an old, classic scent.

Dunhill 1934, WOW, and Montana are available from Beauty Encounter.

Here are the links:

http://www.beautyencounter.com/738352138408.html?search

http://www.beautyencounter.com/40357...00.html?search

http://www.beautyencounter.com/34168...93.html?search

I got my 4oz bottle of Elsha through Sampters, but you can also buy a larger bottle direct or from Sampters. Sampters also has an Elsha Aftershave.

http://sampters.com/detail.php?item=46&categoryid=1

http://elsha.com/

There is a WOW shave soap also, but members here have cautioned not to buy the soap and mug combo because that version doesn't lather well. The soap refill is supposed to be a tallow based soap that works very well. I've not tried it myself.

Both Sampters and Beauty Encounter are reliable, in my experience.

Great, leather is what I'm looking for so this will be extremely helpful. Question, are these readily available?

Joe

I wish I liked Antaeus, I really want to like it. But I smell it as more of a suede scent than a leather scent. As much as I like the leather category, I cannot take suede in frags.

I do like Anteus, but don't consider it a leather scent per se. Certainly not like K10 and REL.

Last edited:
Okay, okay enough piling on the REL. It is one the few frags from Creed that lives up to the Creed hype.

REL and Knize Ten cannot really be compared, their intent is different. As I understand it, REL is intended to smell like, well, leather. So it is an ultra-rich leather accord and not much else. Knize Ten, on the other hand, was intended to smell like the inside of an Austrian men's club. So it is leather, smoke, vanilla and all sorts of goodness.

That's a great description of both. I think that REL really does smell like warm, buttery, supple leather. Like an expensive jacket. Knize Ten? Imagine yourself catapulted into the world of Cabaret, and you're entering the club through the garage. I read somewhere that it was a favorite of Dietrich's. Chew on that one for a while.

There is a Knize Ten shaving soap, but I'm afraid that I haven't used it yet. For some reason that I can't explain, I find myself shaving with MWF on the days that I'm going to wear Knize Ten. A good sandalwood would be nice too. Or even Tabac.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
That's a great description of both. I think that REL really does smell like warm, buttery, supple leather. Like an expensive jacket. Knize Ten? Imagine yourself catapulted into the world of Cabaret, and you're entering the club through the garage. I read somewhere that it was a favorite of Dietrich's. Chew on that one for a while.

There is a Knize Ten shaving soap, but I'm afraid that I haven't used it yet. For some reason that I can't explain, I find myself shaving with MWF on the days that I'm going to wear Knize Ten. A good sandalwood would be nice too. Or even Tabac.

I could even offer you a Knize Ten deo stick.....

Top Bottom