What's new

Anyone want an espresso?

V

VR6ofpain

proxy.php

V

VR6ofpain

That's an awful large expresso, looks like a cup of coffee. Regardless, I love your tastes!
It is all about perspectives. This mug actually holds less than 2 oz.

I took another photo for you (yes, less than 3" tall):

proxy.php

I like it, that's exactly how I start each and every day! Today, I pulled the best shot of the week - it was sublime!:001_tongu

very nice!

Had a funny dream last night regarding espresso. In the dream we were driving home at night with a long trip ahead of us. I spotted a Starbucks and made a split decision to pull off as I felt that I needed caffeine to get us home. For some reason the prices at this Starbucks were double the usual costs. I didn't want to spend that much, so I ordered a double shot of espresso for a couple of bucks. The funny part is that I told the lady at the counter that espresso was like Starbuck's dollar menu. :lol:

Yes, I dream in coffee.

Your cup and your saucer don't match!

I recognize the Nuova Point saucer.. but the demitasse isn't. It also isn't ACF. It's almost the right ACF color, but the handle isn't right.

What is it?

Also.. if there is no crema, it's not espresso, but I'm sure you enjoyed your concentrated coffee all the same.

Maybe the Cafe folks should post our coffee pics in some thread in this forum.

hm...

V

VR6ofpain

Your cup and your saucer don't match!

I recognize the Nuova Point saucer.. but the demitasse isn't. It also isn't ACF. It's almost the right ACF color, but the handle isn't right.

What is it?

Also.. if there is no crema, it's not espresso, but I'm sure you enjoyed your concentrated coffee all the same.

Maybe the Cafe folks should post our coffee pics in some thread in this forum.

hm...
First of all they do match (same color), and second of all they are not "Nuova Point", they are Crate and Barrel. I could maybe take a photo for you in better light, but they are the exact same shade of brown and were purchased as a set.

Sorry if my espresso is not good enough for you. I have a cheap Bialetti Moka stovetop "espresso maker". I figure if the box indicates it is an espresso maker, it would be fair to call the concentrated coffee it makes espresso.

Also you logic of crema making it espresso seems confusing, as I sometimes end up with a little crema in my cup when I make coffee with my French press. This is definitely coffee, not espresso. So you are saying you have to have crema to be espresso, but I can find coffee that has crema. Seems like some twisted logic.

BTW, the "concentrated coffee" I drank was excellent. Thanks for asking. :wink:

Well that was fun wasn't it?
Drink up Gabe, I would join you but I only have a FP, although I burr grind as needed so that should score a few points.

V

VR6ofpain

The leather color on your Pottery Barn Manhattan Chair wouldn't be 'espresso' would it?!
No, it is the "Whiskey". We choose it because it shows wear and age more. We wanted the chair to get a vintage look over time, which they said the "Espresso" would not do as much. That said my puppy has decided chewing on the bottom and jumping on it (scratching the leather in the process) is cool. I have spent some evening screaming at the little guy. He doesn't get it though. It is hard having a brain the size of a golf ball I guess (he is a Shih Tzu).

Speaking of Whiskey, I enjoy a good Rye or Bourbon while sitting in that chair. They compliment each other.

A fine and playful use of perspective, if you ask me. When you want your morning caffeine, it dwarfs everything around it!

First of all they do match (same color), and second of all they are not "Nuova Point", they are Crate and Barrel. I could maybe take a photo for you in better light, but they are the exact same shade of brown and were purchased as a set.

Sorry if my espresso is not good enough for you. I have a cheap Bialetti Moka stovetop "espresso maker". I figure if the box indicates it is an espresso maker, it would be fair to call the concentrated coffee it makes espresso.

Also you logic of crema making it espresso seems confusing, as I sometimes end up with a little crema in my cup when I make coffee with my French press. This is definitely coffee, not espresso. So you are saying you have to have crema to be espresso, but I can find coffee that has crema. Seems like some twisted logic.

BTW, the "concentrated coffee" I drank was excellent. Thanks for asking. :wink:
Ah, okay. I have that exact saucer. The cup was unfamiliar. (which was why I asked)

I meant no offense. I apologize if I came across that way. (I tend to at times, but I rarely ever intend it)

Crema is a bit different than the bloom that you end up with in a French Press. I also really wish that they would stop selling moka pots as espresso makers. (it's not the only non-espresso brewer sold as an espresso brewer in existence)

There are some huge fans of the moka pot in the Cafe. It's a nice cup of coffee.

Espresso is comprised of three parts: crema, body, and heart.

The CO2/oil "bloom" in a french press isn't extracted under pressure, and tastes very different, and has a very different texture. However, they are related.

And yeah, "Warning! ! Coffee geek in the darkroom!" indeed. Sorry. :blush:

Hey.. how about an espresso? Cheers.

proxy.php

Top Bottom