What's new

Share your funniest shaving accidents

What was the funniest accident you've ever had with shaving products? One of my funniest was when the doorbell rang while I was shaving and it my reaction was that I threw the razor behind my back :lol: Good thing it was a Fusion and it still works :laugh: And while I was cleaning an old cheapo brush the knot fell out and into the toilet :lol:

I don't have many, but I was so excited about a new razor I almost started to shave realizing I hadn't put a blade in it yet.

:laugh: That's like this guy on YouTube who shaves over and over still to find that he has stubble and he finally finds out he didn't take the plastic blade protector off of his disposable :lol: He made it as a comedy video though

i was shaving one day and did my first pass and everything went smoothly. then on the second/third pass the blade felt like it was peeling my face. what i didnt notice was the knob on my SS had loosened so the doors were open a bit. it felt my '65 SS had turned into a Red Tip.

This guy's video is a classic. You have to know Portuguese to fully appreciate the humor, but try at least to learn is method of disposing used FEATHER blades (around the 00:50 mark) :lol:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjDajYY-qk

As for my accidents, once I was flipping the razor over and got a nice clean, vertical cut in an area to the right side of the nose. Good thing no one asked, it would be hard to justify a shaving cut in an area where there is no beard :)

Last edited:
Not an accident, but while shaving one day I invited my 4 and 2 year old boys into the bathroom to watch me, thinking they'd take an interest in what I was doing. My 4 year old pointed to my Merkur HD and asked me what it was. I told him it was my razor, and he asked me where I plugged it in at. :blink:

In the words of Hank Hill, that boy ain't right.

As for my accidents, once I was flipping the razor over and got a nice clean, vertical cut in an area to the right side of the nose. Good thing no one asked, it would be hard to justify a shaving cut in an area where there is no beard :)

I got one of these right under my bottom lip today.

I was shaving with a Dovo Shavette, which I no longer use, and my wife opened the bathroom door and scarred the crap out of me. The result is a scar on my right cheek the length of a standard blade. The cut took so long to stop bleeding that I had to call in late for work.

Not an accident, but while shaving one day I invited my 4 and 2 year old boys into the bathroom to watch me, thinking they'd take an interest in what I was doing. My 4 year old pointed to my Merkur HD and asked me what it was. I told him it was my razor, and he asked me where I plugged it in at. :blink:

In the words of Hank Hill, that boy ain't right.

:laugh: Got that right!

I never thought shaving accidents could be funny. :blink:

Thankfully I have none so far...until tomorrow probably, since I mentioned it.

This is either funny or stupid. You decide.

Last September I was on Coumadin after heart surgery. Of course I wanted to keep shaving so I used my Fatboy set on one and shaved as carefully as I could. Things went fine..nary a nick. Funny thing was, one day I picked up the Fatboy and noticed some lint on the doors. I attempted to swipe it off with my finger and removed a chunk of flesh from my fingertip. Bled for close to two hours.

Just to get this straight: You decided the best option to remove the lint on ninja killer sharp objects was to use your fingertip?

:lol::lol::lol: I'm going with stupid AND funny..:001_rolle:thumbup:

This is either funny or stupid. You decide.

Last September I was on Coumadin after heart surgery. Of course I wanted to keep shaving so I used my Fatboy set on one and shaved as carefully as I could. Things went fine..nary a nick. Funny thing was, one day I picked up the Fatboy and noticed some lint on the doors. I attempted to swipe it off with my finger and removed a chunk of flesh from my fingertip. Bled for close to two hours.

I did this the other day, saw a watermark on the door of my #58. Licked my fingertip and tried to wipe it off, luckily I realized what I was doing before I cut myself too deep. Just shaved off some skin, no blood, but a nice wakeup early Wednesday morning. :w00t::ohmy:

I was about 2 weeks into shaving with a safety razor. I was really doing pretty well just taking it slow and easy, finding out what worked for me. I decided one morning that i really wanted a nice shave. This is when I stumbled onto Charles Roberts method shaving video. I watched the video to the end. Everything he did looked so effortless. He was going NS down his neck and blazing speeds.

I felt as ready as ever. I warmed a towel and did a nice prep. I was going to do exactly what I saw him do and it was going to be perfect. I lathered up and started going as fast as i could NS on my neck. I did this for about 13 strokes. This is where it finally caught up to me that I was an idiot. After about 20 seconds the entire right side of my neck was bloody as hell. All I could do was laugh at how stupid I was for doing what I had done. Styptic hurt like hell that morning.

With the Merkur HD, the tightening bezel had come loose, and the blade was jumping around cutting my face to shreds, turning my bathroom into a M*A*S*H unit.

Thankfully my bathroom sink has since ceased taking blood donations. :blush:

I am still relatively new to the double edge. Sunday I was doing my first face lather with williams mug soap. normally I bowl lather. But I was feeling like trying something new. So I was using a Fatboy that was new-to-me and a razor that had about 3-4 uses on it on #2 setting. I had what looked like a decent lather on my face...but halfway through the shave I had to stop. I felt my face burning like a 2 alarm fire. I was using an agressive razor I didn't have much experience with and a questionably sharp blade with a new prep and to top it off I was even using too advanced of shaving technique for above conditions. My face felt sunburned for 24 hours. I couldn't even put styptic pencil on...I used a non-alcohol asb and it burned. Afterwards, I haven't been able to shave since. My face looked like hiroshima and the buffing I did in one spot looked like a firework went off on my face. LIVE & LEARN I might be able to shave again on Tuesday.

First time I rinsed my 34C I grabbed a nice new towel from the closet and with blade still inside, proceeded to dry it only to notice that this new towel (that was given to us as a wedding present) turned into swiss cheese!

Top Bottom