What's new

Container for Palmolive Shave Stick?

proxy.php

I store my Valobra, Palmolive and Speik sticks in pill bottles with ventilated caps.

I tried to buy them but the pharmacist just gave me 3. :thumbup1:

I store my Valobra, Palmolive and Speik sticks in pill bottles with ventilated caps.

I tried to buy them but the pharmacist just gave me 3. :thumbup1:

I did the same thing, but when I put the hole in the cap, I realized that made it problematic to use the bottle to soak the stick.......!

So, once the hole is made, how do y'all soak the shave stick?

Legion

Staff member
Old Army trick here in Oz is to use a 35mm film container, black with grey lid. Cut a finger hole in the bottom before dropping in a 20c piece ( maybe a US quarter) and then half of your Palmolive shave stick. Makes it easy to unstick the wet shave stick from the inside of the canister.

+1 to the army film canister trick. That's what I do. I would add, drill some small holes in the lid so the soap can dry out.

When you want to use just push the coin to expose soap, take your finger out and it drops back down.

Heres some rocket science:) soft soaps just pack it in,grate the palmolive with a cheeze grater,put it in the microwave for 10 ish secs,pack it in,done.
proxy.php

P

Pjotr

Would like to put the Palmolive Shave Stick 50g in some kind of container that would make it better for storing and application. Any ideas appreciated.

Buy a Lea shave stick. It's got a little holder and a see through plastic cover, all very well made actually. Take the Lea out and shove the Palmolive in. It'll fit perfectly as they're the same diameter and height. When you finished the Palmolive, put the Lea back in. But I can guarantee that you'll be ordering another stick of Palmolve and taking the Lea back out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pjotr

I did the same thing, but when I put the hole in the cap, I realized that made it problematic to use the bottle to soak the stick.......!

So, once the hole is made, how do y'all soak the shave stick?

Take the stick in your hand and dip the exposed end in to your sink/bowl full of hot water!!! That's all the soaking it needs. Just soften it up a bit to make the stubble rubbing a bit easier.

I just used the cardboard box it came with. I think I put the whole thing in a ziploc sandwich bag.

Traveled with it twice like this and it worked great.

If I traveled with it a lot I'd probably use a pill bottle.

As long as you don't put the stick away sopping wet I wouldn't think it makes a whole lot of difference.

I've used the Brut deodorant push up container for all my soaps. I cut up the soaps into smaller chunks or slices, give them 2 or 3 8 second bursts in the microwave, then I shove the warm pliable soap down into the stick firmly with a round wooden dowel that luckily for me is just a bit smaller than the diameter of the container. Let it cool overnight, and the next day it's perfect. Use it just like Tabac and Irisch Moos push up sticks. Works great.

Top Bottom