What's new

Gillette blade dispensers

Have been using Gillette Super Silvers for a while with great results. For a bit of variety I thought I'd get a couple of packs of the Bleue Extras.

Whilst I'm a fan of the dispensers, especially the slot for used blades, I have the same issue with both varieties: The blades have been stuck together :mad3: Is there a way to remedy this? Currently, I'm opening up the pack, separating the blades and then re-assembling the box. Would it be worth giving the blades a wee squirt of WD40 through the slot on top?

Have been using Gillette Super Silvers for a while with great results. For a bit of variety I thought I'd get a couple of packs of the Bleue Extras.

Whilst I'm a fan of the dispensers, especially the slot for used blades, I have the same issue with both varieties: The blades have been stuck together :mad3: Is there a way to remedy this? Currently, I'm opening up the pack, separating the blades and then re-assembling the box. Would it be worth giving the blades a wee squirt of WD40 through the slot on top?

I am not sure what a remedy for this is but I will say upi do not want to use WD-40. It would not be pleasant on your face if there was any residue left behind.

The remedy is: as you slide out a new blade, check to see that you are only sliding out one blade. If not, push the other one back in...

The remedy is: as you slide out a new blade, check to see that you are only sliding out one blade. If not, push the other one back in...

I believe the OP was having an issue with the blades being stuck together. Yes of coarse blades will sometimes slide out together in which case you suggestion would be fine.

I have had some success by soaking the whole dispenser in isopropyl alcohol for about 24 hours. The blades can usually be loosened by this method.

I am not sure what a remedy for this is but I will say upi do not want to use WD-40. It would not be pleasant on your face if there was any residue left behind.

The oil (?) that they're packed in already has a strong, petro-chemical odour :huh: so I give each blade a quick wash (once it's loaded) before first use.

The issue is that the whole pack of blades are sticking together as one block!

WD-40 is clearly not something you want near any open wound- like a nick or scrape. It also would not just rinse off of a blade. So, I would nix the petrochemical approach for safety concerns.

Top Bottom