What's new

Royall: Aftershave or Cologne

After sampling each a couple of times, I chose Royall Vetyver over L'Occitane's Vetiver. I liked the purer expression of vetiver, particularly since my three main colognes tend to be pretty complex.

The thing is that I find myself using it like an aftershave. Today, I shaved, applied some Thayer's unscented and before it completely dried rubbed in a nice mist of the Royall Vetyver over my shave area. Scent is lasting a long time without being overpowering.

I'd never think of using Opus 1870 or Grafton in this manner, but it really seems the best use for the Royall. OTOH, I think if I splashed it, it might be too much.

I went through a few Vetyver's and narrowed it to Creed Original and L'Occitane's for the top scents. Royall has a VERY nice Vetiver but I like the more "earthy" dry down from L'Occitane.

I cosider Royall all purpose and splash it on like a bath when I used it, especially the Bay Rum.

I have similar looking bottles. The labels say all purpose lotion, except the overpowering musk which says cologne. That's about how I use them, as an AS splash except for the musk.

Top Bottom