What's new

Bliss is a 31064

My first use of my new Omega 31064 was today. It was quite amazing, so soft for a brand new boar and hardly any stink. I got the best lather from my MWF with it also. A very impressive brush.

I have one and also bought one for my Dad for Christmas. Great brush. I'd like to see it with just a slightly shorter loft

I was a little worried about the loft because I face lather with short lofted brushes. I actually really like the loft of this brush, it just works.

The 31064 is one sweet boar. It doesn't behave the way most boar brushes do. The hairs are springy, not stiff and it seems to be ready to go out of the box.

I was a little worried about the loft because I face lather with short lofted brushes. I actually really like the loft of this brush, it just works.

The 31064 is one sweet boar. It doesn't behave the way most boar brushes do. The hairs are springy, not stiff and it seems to be ready to go out of the box.

Its a great brush. My fave. boar. Quite 'badger-like' in its feel. The 'luxury' boar brush :thumbup1:

I just purchased one of these as well and can't get over how much more conditioning of the hair is immediately noticed versus a standard white boar brush. There was hardly any smell when it arrived and the odor was gone after about a half dozen batches of lather. I did soak it in water/vinegar for a minute, but I also soaked a 10066 and it's still stinkin after more than 10 batches. Anyway, the 31064 has the dyed black band, white tips, is much softer, and had very little odor. After 6 months or a year though, won't both brushes be similar? I'm not complaining. The 10066 lathers great, but aesthetically, will never be the 31064. Having a boar brush arrive ready to go, with a very nice handle, and all the appearance treatment is a nice touch. The extra money is worth it - especially in light of what a badger brush costs. But, I'm just wondering, if the extra money is for the up front cost of producing a brush like this or is there something else about this brush that will always make it stand out?

btw....I purchased several boar brushes recently because I finally admitted to myself that they're better at producing a huge amount of perfect lather. The badger brushes are better at applying the lather because of the softness, but the lather abilities of the boar has pretty much won me over.

I had one of these and they are indeed excellent. LOVE the handle on that thing. The loft turned out to be too long for me though and I sold it, but it's a good boar nonetheless...

Got my 31064 yesterday and put it right to use. Real nice, really really nice. Everything about it is just about right! My 49 in red will be sharing the spotlight. Semogue 1305 has to learn to share too!

I'm just getting my arms around a #49, but I think the 31064 will be the next purchase.

Other than the handle, dye job and conditioning, are they that much different?

I'm just getting my arms around a #49, but I think the 31064 will be the next purchase.

Other than the handle, dye job and conditioning, are they that much different?

They are. Although the difference in loft length doesn't seem much on paper, it seems much shorter in use. The tips of the 31*** series are incredibly soft, while retainig the backbone you would expect from a boar. The solid acrylic handle is much nicer as well.

:001_cool:

I can imagine it works well with soaps, but what about creams?

I use mine almost solely with creams and a lathering bowl. The difference (as opposed to lathering soaps) is you have to shake out a lot of the water before you make your lather. Its a really versatile brush.

:001_cool:

I've found that brushes work for either creams or soaps on the face or hand or bowl. Seems more a matter of technique and am I willing to change my old stubborn habits. I appreciate a person's choice, but can't yet fault even my floppiest boar as it whips up a big lather of soap right in the mug above the puk for example. Maybe I don't understand. My 49 does fine but I prefer face lather. My 31064 does fine but I prefer face lather. My 620 does fine but I prefer face lather. etc etc. I think it's me more than the brush(es).

Last edited:
Top Bottom