What's new

Sandalwood fans

AOS is very good.

Diptyque Tam Dao, even though Tania Sanchez is probably correct on some level when she says it smells more like wooden furniture than an edt.

I just recently bought and received a bottle of Nandita Sandal (Sandalwood) Oil. I am really liking this stuff. See http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=N&t=113906 Very meditative. May smell too meditative--too asharm-like for some purposes right at first--Om Guru, Muktananda! But it dries down very nicely. It has been described as a very pure single note sandalwood. I agree, very pure, old time sandalwood aroma, but that does not mean it is linear or simple. Sandalwood itself is complex and this stuff evolves on the skin and through dry down.

Overall I do not think of myself as a big fan of pure sandalwood scents. I really like it in the mix of a good frag though. I reallly like the smell of the QED B&B limited edition rose-sandalwood shaving soap, for instance.

I really like the smell of Mysore bath soap.

My Top 3:

1. Floris Sandalwood. Yeah, impossible to find. Altho if you're willing to spring for it, they have a perfumer on staff who's re-created and "modernized" the scent. They'll send a sample but I'm almost afraid to see what they've done to it.

2. Tam Dao -- very dry, austere & wonderful. (I dunno about the "wood furniture" reference but there are definitely pencil shavings in there).

3. B&B cologne -- another impossible one to find, but with a great, rich sandalwood base note. Smells very much like QED's B&B shave stick (which it was meant to match -- or was it the other way around??).

My Top 3:

1. Floris Sandalwood. Yeah, impossible to find. Altho if you're willing to spring for it, they have a perfumer on staff who's re-created and "modernized" the scent. They'll send a sample but I'm almost afraid to see what they've done to it.

2. Tam Dao -- very dry, austere & wonderful. (I dunno about the "wood furniture" reference but there are definitely pencil shavings in there).

3. B&B cologne -- another impossible one to find, but with a great, rich sandalwood base note. Smells very much like QED's B&B shave stick (which it was meant to match -- or was it the other way around??).

The Premo line-up.....:thumbup:

If I had to stick with one scent it would be sandalwood. I like the AOS a lot, and the TOBS is not bad either. Right now I like the Mama Bear's ASB in sandalwood, to me it mellows into my favorite type of sandalwood smell.

I really want to try the mysore soap! It mocks me on amazon....

EDIT: I have the B&B QED stick and it is my favorite to shave with, followed by the Sandalwood ASB.

Last edited:
I love the C&E Sandalwood ASB and EdT, such a sweet and dry version. Also enjoy the EJ Cream and ASB - the scent is wonderful and the ASB is super moisturizing for these colder months.

my top 3:

1. Floris sandalwood. Yeah, impossible to find. Altho if you're willing to spring for it, they have a perfumer on staff who's re-created and "modernized" the scent. They'll send a sample but i'm almost afraid to see what they've done to it.

2. Tam dao -- very dry, austere & wonderful. (i dunno about the "wood furniture" reference but there are definitely pencil shavings in there).

3. B&b cologne -- another impossible one to find, but with a great, rich sandalwood base note. Smells very much like qed's b&b shave stick (which it was meant to match -- or was it the other way around??).

+ infinity

I'll add Nandita's Sandal oil -- Cheap; effective. To me, it smells a good bit like Floris. Also, it doesn't irritate at all if added to other products (aftershaves, balms, etc).

I just recently bought and received a bottle of Nandita Sandal (Sandalwood) Oil. I am really liking this stuff. See http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=N&t=113906 Very meditative. May smell too meditative--too asharm-like for some purposes right at first--Om Guru, Muktananda! But it dries down very nicely. It has been described as a very pure single note sandalwood. I agree, very pure, old time sandalwood aroma, but that does not mean it is linear or simple. Sandalwood itself is complex and this stuff evolves on the skin and through dry down.

This stuff sounds fantastic! I just ordered one as the price was too good to pass up! :w00t:

This stuff sounds fantastic! I just ordered one as the price was too good to pass up! :w00t:

I've just ordered some Nandita oil as well! I plan to occassionaly mix with some vetiver essential oil that I picked up recently from Whole Foods. This vetiver EO isn't nearly as good as a vial of Khus EO that I got from India once upon a time. This vetiver (Aura Cacia brand) goes sour after a few hours on my skin - kind of an orange rind scent but not in a good way. :thumbdown I'm hoping that the Nandita Sandal will prop it up. And if not, I'll be happy to have the Sandal on its own. :thumbup:

I am impressed. I have been putting a little on every day no matter what "main" frag I happen to be wearing.

I would love to know what their other oils are like. Anyone have any idea?

I have no understanding of how they can put this stuff out so inexpensively. It cannot possibly have any real honest to goodness traditional Mysore-grow type sandalwood in it. That stuff is just too precious and too protected. (I would feel guilty if it did have the absolute real thing in it!) I probably donot actually know what the tradtional real thing smells like. But from all I can tell from folks that should know, this is a pretty darn good replication.

Om Guru, Dev!

Top Bottom