What's new

Darn It!!

3 times? :mad5::incazzato:a33::a13::a32:

I hope the teeth are bent and the doors don't open and all the plating flakes off and the blade gaps are uneven and it's superglued to the case and.....

How do you know it's me? Just sayin'... :ciappa:

:lol::lol:

Oh. Well, this time I just assumed it was you, since you posted darn it.

Last time you (or at least I think it was you) said it, and when I looked at the underbidder it had the same two letters and feedback score as the underbidder on a different one I had won around that time.

edit: yep, it was you. Another british razor.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112200

Last edited:
Ok, just won my first auction using a sniper.

Most likely I overpaid, but do I feel better now.

I had the same problem yesterday... Damn snipers!!! Oh well, if you cant beat em, join em. I found myibay.com. They have a pretty good service, as well as a firefox plugin to make things a bit easier. The only reason i picked them is because of the browser plugin lol.

Doesn't ebay allow you to bid by proxy or max bid or something? I bid on a razor a few minutes before it ended yesterday thinking an auto bid would be placed immediately after, but I won it. Maybe I'm not understanding the ebay max bid.

Nice Score!!!! :thumbup1: SWMBO keeps the evil eye on me these days....otherwise I would be trolling for gillettes on the bay....and bidding against you folks too! I wish there was a better way!

Thought you might like a pic or two.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

No bent teeth, smooth operation, gold intact everywhere except on the rounded areas of the teeth, and the doors are completely down to brass - so completely that I think someone polished it away on purpose once it started wearing.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I tried on that one, too. Apparently I should have tried a little harder, that's a beaut!

Thought you might like a pic or two.

No bent teeth, smooth operation, gold intact everywhere except on the rounded areas of the teeth, and the doors are completely down to brass - so completely that I think someone polished it away on purpose once it started wearing.

Lucky Bastard!!! :lol::lol::lol:

No, seriously that's a great catch. How's the case?

Lucky Bastard!!! :lol::lol::lol:

No, seriously that's a great catch. How's the case?

Seller said it was in poor shape and s/he wasn't lying. The material is cracking and falling off the outside, and coming off inside as well. You can still read Gillette Aristocrat on the inside.

No matter. I knew this going in, and I'm happy with the purchase.

Doesn't ebay allow you to bid by proxy or max bid or something? I bid on a razor a few minutes before it ended yesterday thinking an auto bid would be placed immediately after, but I won it. Maybe I'm not understanding the ebay max bid.

Whoever bids the most, wins. It is just sniping does not show your hand until the last moment.

Seller said it was in poor shape and s/he wasn't lying. The material is cracking and falling off the outside, and coming off inside as well. You can still read Gillette Aristocrat on the inside.

No matter. I knew this going in, and I'm happy with the purchase.

Ya done good :thumbup1:

So let me get this straight. Sniping keeps you from divulging how much you're actually willing to pay for an item by waiting until the last possible moment to bid. Since the other bidders want the item for as cheap as they can get it, they'll bid the lowest amount possible while still outbidding you. So the sniping part just allows you to sneakily bid on the item rather than let your competitor know how much you go up in price?

Top Bottom