What's new

Discussion Thread for 5/8 Sta-Sharp Review...

What a great looking razor! I've tried to catch a couple of these on eBay, but always get way outbid. as a matter of fact, that looks like... :eek: :biggrin:

Wow! Had no idea that Sears was carrying such a beauty at one time. Thanks for the review, Joel.

Steve

Steve,
I'll review my Craftsman razor as well (another sears razor) which is equally outstanding.... albeit possibly even MORE beautiful! :biggrin:

Very nice razor but be forewarned: absolute bear to hone in my experience. Heard the same from someone else, too.

Cheers
Ivo

AFAIK the only thing they have in common with the dubl ducks are the "cracked ice" style scales, though I guess it's possible that Koeller was the contractor for the dubl ducks. I personally like the chrome finish.

I'll second the "bear to hone" comment.

Man o Man,

These razors are terrible. I heard they were made in Pakistan. Pull like crazy. Can't ever get an edge on them. They pit easily. You really don't want one. The dog ate mine. The kids thought it was glue spreader. Mamma uses it as a screwdriver........

:001_tt2:

Lynn

I just snagged one of these.... Mine however says Craftsman on the identical scales.. The blades are Identical (except mine is a spike) any idea when/where they were made?????
This one still has factory hone, never been used...
I lucked out on the price I thought, as most of them well into the $200 range nowadays

I just snagged one of these.... Mine however says Craftsman on the identical scales.. The blades are Identical (except mine is a spike) any idea when/where they were made?????
This one still has factory hone, never been used...
I lucked out on the price I thought, as most of them well into the $200 range nowadays

Yeah there were a couple different models of Craftsman; the ERN ones like Joel reviewed earlier as well as the ones that are basically Sta-Sharps. I've got these same razors with Sears Roebucks, Craftsman, and Koeller stamps on the shanks, which makes me think that Koeller was the OEM.

Top Bottom