What's new

Atkinsons English Lavender

I was in l'Occitane with my wife the other day. She was buying some lavender lotion and I happened to check out the EdTs. One--I believe it was the "Certified Organic Lavender EdT"--had a lavender-mint fragrance that reminded me a bit of Oxford-Cambridge. At $46 for 100ml, it might be worth checking out.

What are your thoughts on Creed Royal Scottish Lavender?

Good stuff, although I didn't like it as well as the SMN; hence, I've only sampled it, and have never acquired a bottle. However, it has a lot of fans, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to lavender admirers. From what I could tell, it's more potent than the SMN, although considerably more expensive, too. However, the difference in their relative potencies may make the price difference a wash.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the O&C. Don't let us naysayers sway you. I personally didn't find it to be such a great expression of lavender, but it is still high quality and worth checking out.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the O&C. Don't let us naysayers sway you. I personally didn't find it to be such a great expression of lavender, but it is still high quality and worth checking out.

Actually, I found a sample of Trumper's Lavender Water that I'm sampling today. I really like the scent but can already tell that that the scent is dying at a rapid pace after a couple hours.

I was in l'Occitane with my wife the other day. She was buying some lavender lotion and I happened to check out the EdTs. One--I believe it was the "Certified Organic Lavender EdT"--had a lavender-mint fragrance that reminded me a bit of Oxford-Cambridge. At $46 for 100ml, it might be worth checking out.

Yeah...I think I may have to give L’OCCITANE Lavender a try. I just hate buying cologne in a mall because I know there's some 14 year old boy out there wearing it.

Yeah...I think I may have to give L’OCCITANE Lavender a try. I just hate buying cologne in a mall because I know there's some 14 year old boy out there wearing it.

I think you're pretty safe from that fate with a lavender cologne. Don't know too many teenagers who'd make that a signature scent. :lol:

I get that, but this is l'Occitane, not Hot Topix. I don't think that I've ever seen a kid of any kind in there--you should be safe.

I think you're pretty safe from that fate with a lavender cologne. Don't know too many teenagers who'd make that a signature scent. :lol:

I guess I was thinking of Calvin Klien Obsession or Davidoff's Cool Water!!:biggrin1:

After almost a full day of work, I still get a wiff of Trumper's Lavender Water when least expected. Mostly from my chest application, not wrists.

Although it is sold as an after shave, I'll put in another endorsement of Caldey Abbey's Lavender Aftershave. I just got a refill in the mail yesterday. Man, that is a beautiful lavender. I shaved with CF Lavender and sprayed (the only thing I don't like about the 100mm bottle) it on--lavender Nirvana. It doesn't last long, but how could you expect that from something this miraculous?

Man, that is a beautiful lavender.

I really do need to try it one of these days. Most of the time, though, I tend only to wear aftershaves, which I use as aftershaves, so I would want it to function well in that regard. Evbo has already given me his opinion on it; Nid, how do you think the Caldey Abbey works as an aftershave?

I'm a bad person to ask about that. I have a pretty tough hide and I tend not to get either dry or oily. I don't have much problem with razor burn either. So for me, it works just fine.

Although it is sold as an after shave, I'll put in another endorsement of Caldey Abbey's Lavender Aftershave. I just got a refill in the mail yesterday. Man, that is a beautiful lavender. I shaved with CF Lavender and sprayed (the only thing I don't like about the 100mm bottle) it on--lavender Nirvana. It doesn't last long, but how could you expect that from something this miraculous?

Can you buy this in the US? I could only find it in the UK.

I have a sample of the SMN Vetiver today. Not sure how I feel about it...sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. Although, it definately has staying power. I like Creed's Original Vetiver much better.

Nid Hog - On another thread, you indicated that you just received some Lavanda Puig the other day, how do you like it and how's the longevity?

Nid Hog - On another thread, you indicated that you just received some Lavanda Puig the other day, how do you like it and how's the longevity?

I love it--perfect for summer. The longevity isn't so great. On me, it's noticeable for the first hour or so and you can still faintly detect it for about another hour.

Top Bottom