What's new

Razor Display Case

I wasnt sure which forum this belonged in, but since it's a case for straights, I'm putting it here :D

So here it is. I just finished it last night. I found the hooks at Homeco, but they only stock 2 packs at a time, so I had to get them to order me 5 more. It takes 7 packs of 4 to make a spot for 14 razors. I put some clear tubing over the hooks to protect the razors from scratching. There are magnets behind the velvet to hold the blades open. I like that look better then closed ;)

proxy.php

proxy.php

As you can see, I have room for a few more :thumbup:
For those that are going to ask, these are the razors starting from the top left and going across then down, like reading a book:
row 1 column 1 - Boker King Cutter
row 1 column 2 - Dovo Limited Edition Mother of Pearl
row 2 column 1 - Vintage Bengall
row 2 column 2 - Dovo Ebony Spike Point 5/8
row 3 column 1 - Isaac Walker 5/8
row 3 column 2 - Otto Busch World Master (NOS never been used)
row 4 and 5 column 1 - JR Torrey
row 4 column 2 - can't recall what this one says
row 5 column 2 - "Best of the West" is stamped on the tang. That's all I remember about this one.

The Bengall was my first straight bought shave ready. I bought the Boker and both Dovos from SRD during the lifetime honing offer. All the others came from ebay. None are shave ready, but I'll change that eventually. I actually have 3 more of the NOS Otto Busch World Master razors. They are all blond scales though. I like the tortoise shell look :)

My favorite? The LE MOP Dovo. I know many don't like stainless blades, but think that blade shaves better then the 2 carbon steel blades. Used it this morning and it was wonderful :)

Hayduke,

I am not into straights but man I tell ya, that is an awesome looking display and some awesome looking razors!!!:thumbup1:

DL

Well done! Along with the overall presentation, I think I like the hidden "blade positioning" magnet feature the best. Very inventive. :thumbup:

I wish I could have something like that. My kids would get into that so quick. Im making a few cases from cigar humidors I have that are lockable.

Very well done.

you can take the bulk of the credit for inspiring me.
I'm in the process of making a case VERY similar to yours.
..starting with the same raw box anyway.

Thanks for the pics!

you can take the bulk of the credit for inspiring me.
I'm in the process of making a case VERY similar to yours.
..starting with the same raw box anyway.

Thanks for the pics!

Good luck! Make sure to post pics ;)

The only potential problem is the oil. I'm worried it is going to affect the velvet. So far, it's been fine, but I'm concerned about it long term.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
It's less than a year, so it's fine... right? lol

I'm glad it got revived, though, I'm new to the site and would not have seen the awesomeness that is that home done display case otherwise.

What calendar are you using? :huh:

I am glad too this thread was revived, use of the magnets is genius.

Last edited:
What calendar are you using? :huh:

I am glad too this thread was revived, use of the magnets is genius.

Er... a Mayan one? My brain doesn't process numbers well? There must be some valid excuse... *thinking*... ok, I give up. lol Still glad I got to see the awesome case in the thread though.

Top Bottom