What's new

Shark Blades

A buddy (one of my shaving converts) gave me a pack of Shark Blades, I used one for the first time this morning. Woo a great first impression. Does anyone know if there is more that one type of Shark Blades and where can I buy them in bulk?

The Shark Super Stainless in a cardboard carton is current production, as shown on Lord's web site.

Shark Super Chromes in plastic containers show up here and there and are NOS. I have only tried the Super Stainless.

B&B member Melyus sells them on his Web site, www.melyus.com.

Do a search on eBay, and you'll find quite a few listings.

The Shark Super Stainless in a cardboard carton is current production, as shown on Lord's web site.

Shark Super Chromes in plastic containers show up here and there and are NOS. I have only tried the Super Stainless.

The ones I have are in plastic boxes. Are they the same as the cardboard ones?

I have also used the Shark blades in the plastic box with good results. The only problem I have had with them is that on the third shave they start to get a little rough.

I found them at West Coast Shaving.

I have also used the Shark blades in the plastic box with good results. The only problem I have had with them is that on the third shave they start to get a little rough.

I got a 5-pack of the shark super chromes and 3 out of the four that I've used have been a little rough and gave me some weepers. Used the fourth one last week in my 41' ranger tech and it gave me 5 smooth close shaves. It wanted to go again but I swapped it and the razor out. Gonna try the fifth one next week. I'll keep you all posted on how it does.

Clayton

The ones I have are in plastic boxes. Are they the same as the cardboard ones?

The ones in the plastic box are typically the super chrome, the ones in the cardboard box are the super stainless. Both are excellent blades. The SC's are a little smoother in my experience.

Last edited:
I just shaved with the SS shark and it was a great shave. there was a lot of shave noise but it was super sharp. I put it in third place behind feather and Iridium. But fir the price these are great

+1. I'd even say the 2nd shave was starting to get rough.

The first Shark Super Stainless (ALL Lord blades are "Super Stainless" these days) I tried was in a Tech, and I got eight shaves from it. When I've used them since, I take one to six shaves and toss it. That gets me through the week. They are the longest lasting blade I've tried. With the results I've had with the Super Stainless, I haven't bothered to try the Super Chrome. I like the recyclable nature of the cardboard carton.

Though they are overseas, vendors like Melyus and others on eBay have the best prices, making them the cheapest of the Lord blades, and one of the best.

It took two weeks to get the blades from Melyus, but they arrived no problem other than the time.

As always with blades, YMMV

Didn't realize Super Chromes are NOS, I picked them up on Amazon

Top Bottom