What's new

1950s Woolworth Restaurant Menu

Wow, Woolworths! When I was a kid, there were three 5&10s in my home town--Woolworths, Grants and Kresges. It was a big deal if we were downtown shopping and sat down at the counter for something to eat. I remember getting flavored Cokes at Woolworths, and hot dogs at Grants were served on these toasted buns that came in a big loaf.

When I moved to Chicago in the early 90s, there were still a couple of Woolworths in my neighborhood. It was the only place where you could buy a pair of socks without driving out to a shopping center. One closed right after we got there and got converted into a gym. The other one was torn down to make room for a parking lot.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
As late as 1985 I used to lunch occassionally at the Rexall Drug Store lunch counter in Venice, Florida... My "go to" sandwich was the Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Fries and a Vanilla Coke for under $2.00!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Wow, Woolworths! When I was a kid, there were three 5&10s in my home town--Woolworths, Grants and Kresges. It was a big deal if we were downtown shopping and sat down at the counter for something to eat. I remember getting flavored Cokes at Woolworths, and hot dogs at Grants were served on these toasted buns that came in a big loaf.

Kresge's - There's a name that I haven't thought of in a blue moon.
Brings back memories....

The town in which I attended grad school somehow managed to keep a drug store/soda shop in business. Best shakes I've ever had, besides Cook Out (you central NC'ers know what I'm talking about...).

Woolworth's, when I was a kid my mom would pick me up from school for lunch. We always went to Woolworth's and she never cared if I got back to school a little late.....That was huge as my mom was a teacher...Thanks for the short stroll down memory lane, something I had all but forgotten.

Top Bottom