What's new

Merkur 33c and 1904/1906 heads

Are the heads on the Merkur 33c and the 1904/1906 razors the same? Is this the case with all Merkurs, say all 3-piece razors have the same head only different handles, all their open-comb have the same head just different handles, etc.?

Thank you for your help.

The heads on the closed, safety bar Merks are the same. I can only assume that this is true for the open comb heads as well. The difference in the shave comes from the handles.

Thanks, so if I have a custom handle and would like to use a Merkur head I should buy the cheapest Merkur model I can find as all heads are the same and don't really care for its original handle.

Are the heads on the Merkur 33c and the 1904/1906 razors the same? Is this the case with all Merkurs, say all 3-piece razors have the same head only different handles, all their open-comb have the same head just different handles, etc.?

Thank you for your help.

I believe that to be true.

I also believe that the two-piece Merkurs also use the same head geometry as the three-piece but have a slightly different method of screwing all the pieces together, to the point where you can't see any difference when the razors are assembled. I am excluding adjustables, naturally.

Top Bottom