What's new

Gem Blue Stars

I just received a 10 pack of Gem Blue Star SE blades. The packaging doesn't indicate if they are stainless steel and or coated. But after 3 passes this morning they sure feel like it. I got an extremely close and smooth shave. I paired it with a Gem Micromatic Open Comb.

Has anyone else tried these wonderful blades:001_smile

I did some quick research on these blades. First off the link doesn't address actual shaving only the complaint about rusting. I am not sure we are talking about new Gem Stars only NOS which were definitely made of carbon and if not wiped dry(per instructions by Gem) could rust. The blades I got apparently are new new and not NOS. Although the package doesn't say to wipe dry and if they are stainless or not I have to say they are a very smooth blade specifically made for shaving. I previously bought several Gem blades at CVS which was located in the shaving supply isle and those blades are no way as good as the Gem blue stars. Also they are not stainless.

AFAIK, the GEM Blue Stars are not stainless steel. I have had good shaves with the GEM by Personna blades at Walgreen's and they are stainless steel. Some folks don't mind all the wiping and drying needed with carbon steel blades, but that isn't for me.

Top Bottom