What's new

Music books, and guitar

B

bluefoxicy

So I bought myself a guitar book........

Unfortunately it looks like this inside:

proxy.php

Anyone play guitar? This only makes sense for piano. I've never seen tab like that....

EDIT: Actual book...

proxy.php

I'm not sure what you are used to seeing, but this is relatively normal.

The top line is, of course, standard notation. The bottom line is standard tab (each line denotes a string (low at the bottom, high at the top)) but each number (fret number) is flagged so that one can read the rhythm (i.e. 8th note, 16th note) without constantly looking up and down from one staff to another.

Does that help?

Hi, what do you mean that this score/tab make sense only for piano, I cannot understand. This is a classic guitar score in both standard notation & tab for 2 Guitars.

Last edited:
B

bluefoxicy

Hi, what do you mean that this score/tab make sense only for piano, I cannot understand. This is a classic guitar score in both standard notation & tab for 2 Guitars.

Oh I'm dumb. The bottom is tabs okay, it looked like some weird tab notation I've never seen (I'm used to these books having just a bunch of lines and numbers on the lines, not rhythm notations strewn about the tab notation).

Never mind then.

And classical notation doesn't make sense when there's 3 different positions to play a low E at. How many fingerings can you use to play C4 on piano?

Top Bottom