What's new

Good Day...

Brand new to this site but have been using blades for 20+ years. Unfortunately my antique straight edge razor is dull and can't find any one in my area that knows the art of sharpening them so have been using a replaceable razor the kind that all barbers now all seem to use. I also have and old thick leather strap and a fine honing stone but it might not be the right one. Have tried many times to get an edge but just can't seem to do it. I hope this site can help me revive my old blade so I can use it again as it has been sitting in a drawer for many years.

Howdy, Steve!

Welcome to B&B! I hope that you enjoy yourself here!

For your straight razor question, I would suggest venturing over to the Straight Razor Forum. There are a couple of new threads running which show some restoration work done by Joe Chandler. There isn't an address or contact info listed, but the question has been asked. As you know, beholding something shiny and new... or, something that's been made to look new again is a mesmerizing experience. That information will surface... once the initial excitement has passed.

Good luck with panning for gold! Once you've had a chance to look around at what everyone shares, you'll be spending some of that gold! :biggrin:

chop-chop

Thanks a pile for the info chop-chop I will surly check it out. And your absolutly right I can't wait to get my old Dovo solingen up and running again it's been too long.As for spending my Gold that dosen't sound so good (ha Ha)

Typically these services are done by shops that sell knives. Try looking in your local phone book for knife shops and see what you can come up with. Hope I have helped matters.

Or if a knife shop doesn't work, find someone that sharpens skates, maybe they could help you out. Probably easier to find one of those up in your neck of the woods.

Top Bottom