What's new

New York next week.....

I will be in New York next week and i will be interested in visiting any good shave shops (do these exist anymore in New York) and looking to buy any shaving related "stuff"!
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind spending some time in that NY Shaving Co store but don't forget the 8.875% sales tax (unless they raised it again) on top of the already marked up prices.

i think the santa maria novella store is in NY. just be sure to bring your AMEX black card or a brinks truck of cash...

I've had good luck at Pasteur's. They have a great selection and the prices would be tough to match. The staff is not unfriendly, but they aren't eager to help either. The only downside to Pasteur's is that both shops are incredibly cramped! Cambridge Chemist's also has an excellent selection, plus you have room to breathe and the owner is incredibly helpful. Unfortunately, the prices at CC seemed consistently much higher. Personally, I'm okay with paying a bit more for customer service, but not much more. Thus, most purchases of mine in NY have been from Pasteur's.

Best of luck.

Just check out Cambridge Chemists this morning, descent selection of products. Nice Badgers. Wish they had some straights though.

I lived in New York for many years and besides the links you seem to have been given, I shopped at:

Caswell-Massey of Lexington
518 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY, 10017, US
212-755-2254

They are not shave spe......ts, but do have some nice AS and colognes. This would be a good stop if you are with a female partner as they have lots of soaps and such. My wife loves their lavender products.

Have a great trip and watch your wallet :001_rolle

Cambridge Chemist's also has an excellent selection, plus you have room to breathe and the owner is incredibly helpful. Unfortunately, the prices at CC seemed consistently much higher.

You neglected to give him the secret message - "I'm a member of Badger & Blade." Forum members get a discount. He also ships his stuff for no charge.

Top Bottom