What's new

Bad Idea Jeans

So today I thought I'd try shaving in the shower with face soap and a brand new Feather. Bad Idea Jeans, people. I really liked the simplicity of shaving in the shower, but that is apparently a no-go with DE at my current level of (in)proficiency.:blushing:

oooooohhhh! :bored:

especially with the face soap - ouch!!

time to pull out the aloe vera

Well the face soap is a face 'wash' and is what I used when I shower shaved with a Fusion. Worked great with the Fusion: nice and slick. With the sharp, unforgiving Feather I was getting ZERO feedback. I don't have enough experience yet to try this again for quite a while, though maybe with a different blade.

Woah. That sounds like no fun, brother. I could be wrong about this, but I don't think a face wash is going to have the cushion you're looking for with DE shaving. You might try taking some shave soap in there with you and face lathering (to avoid having to hold a mug in there). Just a thought.

I would just say no to shaving in the shower. I generally shave with at leat boxers or shorts on. I just have a healthy fear of dropping my razor, and want some basic protection against bad things happening

Sometimes I like shaving in the shower, either using creams and a synthetic brush (of course any brush would work) or a brushless cream. Saves time and cleanup. The overall experience is sub-par, but when you are in a rush time matters.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
So today I thought I'd try shaving in the shower with face soap and a brand new Feather. Bad Idea Jeans, people. I really liked the simplicity of shaving in the shower, but that is apparently a no-go with DE at my current level of (in)proficiency.:blushing:

:scared::eek:

I know, I know. I'm just experimenting with things and thought I'd try it. No go. I won't be trying that again.:blink:.

Woah. That sounds like no fun, brother. I could be wrong about this, but I don't think a face wash is going to have the cushion you're looking for with DE shaving. You might try taking some shave soap in there with you and face lathering (to avoid having to hold a mug in there). Just a thought.

+1. I can't imagine the face wash is going to get it done no matter what blade you use or if it is in or out of the shower.

try a proper lather with shaving cream or soap. Hot shower softens the whiskers. Just normal face soap=wreaking havoc on your face.

He tried the facial wash/Feather in the shower shave, but it was [brent musberger voice]Nothing doing.[/brent musberger voice]

try a proper lather with shaving cream or soap. Hot shower softens the whiskers. Just normal face soap=wreaking havoc on your face.

I do, I have. I use D. R. Harris Arlington post-shower with a nice brush. :thumbup1: Before DE shaving I used to use my face-wash in the shower with a Fusion. Absolutely wonderful shaves everytime. Thought I might get the same with a DE; not enough experience, or DE is not meant for that. If I'm in a hurry I still use a Fusion in the shower with my face-wash. I pretty much DE shave for the pleasure of it. As I get better I'll do it for the outcome.

Top Bottom