What's new

Saint Charles Shave shaving soaps

I am baffled by how little I hear about SCS soaps on this site. I got a couple of samples when I ordered aftershaves, and these soaps are really nice. They reward a patient approach to lathering, adding water little by little and really mixing it in before adding more. The lather they produce is very thick and cushioning; much like a tallow-based soap.

The most amazing thing about these soaps is the incredible "face-feel" when you're done and you rinse off. They make your skin feel so soft. It's like you've applied a moisturizer. I know they have several oils mixed in and plenty of glycerin.

Anyway, these seem to be absolutely wonderful soaps. I'm just curious why people aren't extolling their virtues more often? Anybody else tried these soaps?

LOTS of people around here love SCS...not sure which forum you're reading (just kidding, lol). Sue and Wendy make a fantastic product at a great price. I was sent a few pucks as a PIF, and they single-handedly converted me from a cream/bowl guy to a soap/face guy. They are easy to build great lather with, yielding an almost tallowlike lather, come in a nice variety of scents (my faves in the current offerings are Savory Rose, Bleached Wood, Bay Rum w/a Twist). After shaving my face feels amazing, and the aftershave splashes and balms are a ridiculously effective value for your dollar and pair nicely with the soaps themselves. Highly HIGHLY recommended products!

lots of people around here love scs...not sure which forum you're reading (just kidding, lol). Sue and wendy make a fantastic product at a great price. I was sent a few pucks as a pif, and they single-handedly converted me from a cream/bowl guy to a soap/face guy. They are easy to build great lather with, yielding an almost tallowlike lather, come in a nice variety of scents (my faves in the current offerings are savory rose, bleached wood, bay rum w/a twist). After shaving my face feels amazing, and the aftershave splashes and balms are a ridiculously effective value for your dollar and pair nicely with the soaps themselves. Highly highly recommended products!

+1

SCS is a quality product. Sue and Wendy have a long track record of quality service and support to the B&B and its members.

Sues aftershave splashes are the best value bar none.:thumbup1:

SCS is a quality product. Sue and Wendy have a long track record of quality service and support to the B&B and its members.

Sues aftershave splashes are the best value bar none.:thumbup1:

+1. I'll second that emotion. Great people, too! :thumbup1:

Agreed, and I do hear a lot of praise for the aftershave products. I have tried many of her aftershaves; not just the splashes, but the milks and balms, too. I find them all to be top quality products at great prices.

Point is that I was already well aware of the quality and value of her aftershaves, but it seemed to me that most of the talk on the board was about just that: the aftershaves. The soaps get lost in the shuffle.

I just wanted to point out that the soaps are great, too. Probably the closest thing to a tallow lather I've ever coaxed out of a non-tallow soap. :thumbup1: Price is right, too.

Top Bottom