What's new

Possible L'Occitane Megapurchase... need your help!

Hey B&B. A friend owns a beauty shop in a town a few hours from me, she stocks a selection of L'Occitane fragrances and soaps. She's mentioned that she can get me whatever I want, just give her a list and she'll order it. Provided she intends to give cut me a (hopefully) deep discount, I am considering purchasing a wide selection of the L'Occitane fragrances. I have compiled the following list and have a few questions about some of them. Eau de L'Occitane I have sampled before in the store, and found it agreeable as it developed through the day. Everything else... is foreign to me. I know it is overkill and some of them will not be to my liking, but if the price is low enough I can always buy now and pass them along on the BST if worse comes to worst... right? Anyway, my questions are:

A: Am I missing anything noteworthy?
B: In my shorter list, I had a hard time determining whether these were men's scents. I know some men who wear women's scents, and women wearing men's scents, but I'm still curious as to their classification.
C: Cedar I am familiar with. Neroli I am familiar with to the extent that I once read someone suggest Hoyt's Cologne as a possible low budget replacement for C&S Neroli. Is that accurate? I have NO idea what Verbena is... can anyone enlighten me?

• Eau de L'Occitane
  • Eau de Badian
  • Eau de Baux
  • Vetyver Eau de Toilette
  • Eau des 4 Voleurs
  • Cade Aftershave Balm
  • Cade Shaving bowl
  • Cade Shaving soap
  • Baux Aftershave Balm

• Verbena Eau de Toilette
  • Cedar Eau de Parfum
  • Neroli Eau de Parfum

Thanks in advance for any input.

Well, it seems that L'Occitane has discontinued their Cade AS splash. So if you can get your hands on a bottle (or 3!) of it, you won't regret it. The stuff smells absolutely wonderful. IMHO, it's much better-smelling than the balm.

The Cade range is all nice. The soap is great and the metal dish that it comes in looks like a 1950s flying saucer. The balm is very rich too, but I especially like the aftershave splash (I bought a bottle today, so it's still around). The shaving cream doesn't get much love on here, but I think that it works fine if you use a bit more than usual.

I don't own it, but I tried Eau des 4 Voleurs in the store the other day. It was very nice too. Kind of like Beene's Bowling Green, Pino Silvestre without the herbs, or maybe Blenheim Bouquet without the black pepper and the weird Pens house accord.

The Feu d'Orange Intense and the Vetyver are two more that you might want to check out.

I love L'Occitane product and use it daily. Something not on your list you HAVE to get is the Ultra Rich Face Cream. You will not regret it, amazing.

All of the scents are really nice. I love the Vetyver and 4 Voleurs. They are very masculine and drives my wife crazy. If you don't like it, I'll take one off your hands (or two). Eau De L'Occitane, I would consider it a men and woman's scent. I like strong musky and dark scents though.

+1 on the splash. It is really nice and warm. What they have in their store is it. My top splash by far. Soap is right in between my Creed GIT soap and MWF.

Verbena is a line they need to drop. I can't stand the scent of it.

Make sure you check in with what you scored. If you get Vetyver put it up on BST.

B: In my shorter list, I had a hard time determining whether these were men's scents. I know some men who wear women's scents, and women wearing men's scents, but I'm still curious as to their classification.
C: Cedar I am familiar with. Neroli I am familiar with to the extent that I once read someone suggest Hoyt's Cologne as a possible low budget replacement for C&S Neroli. Is that accurate? I have NO idea what Verbena is... can anyone enlighten me?

• Eau de L'Occitane
  • Eau de Badian
  • Eau de Baux
  • Vetyver Eau de Toilette
  • Eau des 4 Voleurs
  • Cade Aftershave Balm
  • Cade Shaving bowl
  • Cade Shaving soap
  • Baux Aftershave Balm

• Verbena Eau de Toilette
  • Cedar Eau de Parfum
  • Neroli Eau de Parfum

Thanks in advance for any input.

Verbena is lemon. The reps will argue "not so" because it's much more refined and aromatic so you should pay much more for it, but it's lemon.

I agree that it should go away, but for those who like citrus, it may be an option.

Their green tea + mint gets some kudos but it's a little too feminine for me.

+1 on Cade splash!

Thanks

g'day Christian, Verbena is VERY fresh, light and invigorating. Lemon. very suited to warmer seasons. When I was at Locc last summer, i decided upon the Badian over the Verbena. Had I ignored the budget, I would have got both.

I wear Eau de Badian - a man's scent but. I'm terrible at describing scents, but it is fairly unique - doesn't smell like a lot of colognes I try on. It's light and fresh, defenitely not overpowering - a summer type scent.

The last time I was in L'Occitane, I tried on most of their colognes - liked the 4 voleurs best.

I went through most of the scents again today... I purchased the 4 Voleurs recently and i think i will stick with it after skin testing pretty much the whole mens range. They all smell great though!! De Baux is very nice also probably my 2nd fav!!

Looks like you may have all of them covered!

Verbena, Cedar and Neroli can be considered unisex scents from most fragrance houses, though I've seen verbena and cedar swing more toward the masculine end of the scale.

Lemon verbena comes from a shrub native to South America and produces a citrus scent very similar to lemon, but crisper and sharper if it's done right. The L'Occitane version *is* done right and is one of the finest pure verbena scents I've ever had the pleasure of smelling (I had to go put some on while typing this).

If you like citrus or verbena scents like me, get the Verbena EdT from L'Occitane - it's outstanding.

I went to L'Occitane just last weekend with some Christmas money, went through all the scents they had available and was bowled over by the Verbena EdT. I picked up the EdT and Body Lotion and am enjoying verbena lemony goodness.

Last edited:
No idea what those products go for wholesale, but I wouldn't expect a 50% discount. 20% off or so retail would be more likely.

Some more info Christian;

Eau de L'Occitane - you know it already. it's their mildest.
Eau de Badian - "the bard" as above - unique scent not musky like the above fragrance which I think a 'bit' feminine' (lavender)
Eau de Baux - strong horrible scent not to my liking despite it's most popular...the deodorant version is pleasing though
Vetyver Eau de Toilette - my favourite and i'm desperate for a resupply - very dirty and heavy. i love it. great for cool/cold months
Eau des 4 Voleurs - an interesting one "the four thieves", suited for lighter months
Cade Aftershave Balm - wonderful product, best balm i've used
Cade Shaving bowl - redesigned so it is taller than predessor. I believe it weighs the same, so aluminium/aluminum thinner. - cool, but pricey
Cade Shaving soap - i love this soap
Baux Aftershave Balm - not tried it. if smells like it's EDT, you will love it or hate it.
Verbena Eau de Toilette - as above, very nice and considered omnisex. good for spring/summer.
Cedar Eau de Parfum - can't recall
Neroli Eau de Parfum - i found this musky. for the price, i've found better

I hope this is of more use Christian...initially, I thought you only needed info on verbena. I'm kind of hoping you hate the vetyver, (amongst others) so I can get it from you later :wink:

You put a Vetyver, 4 Voleurs, or AS splash on BST and I'm taking one..or maybe two.....wait you know what..:tongue_sm

Well, it seems that L'Occitane has discontinued their Cade AS splash. So if you can get your hands on a bottle (or 3!) of it, you won't regret it. The stuff smells absolutely wonderful. IMHO, it's much better-smelling than the balm.

:thumbsup: I have 2.5 bottles of the CADE splash remaining, and I'm going to the mall tonight to try to get some more.

I actually really like the L'Occitan ASB, and prefer it to Cade. I don't think it's quite as heavy, and I don't like the intense earthy smell of Cade; L'Occitan's a bit lighter, some say a bit more medicinal.

Top Bottom