What's new

Praise for the 57 SS

After DE shaving for 2+ years and trying Merkurs,EJ's,Fatboys,Slims,Gems and just about every other kind of DE razor, this is the one I always come back to. Works everytime with any blade.(Except Dorcos can't seem to get those to work in any razor) DFS shave everytime with no fear of leaving half of your face in the sink. This has to be Gillette's finest creation. A no brainer shave. Works for me.

Seemed like very comfortable shaves if I am remembering right. Maybe I should put one back in the rotation........as he strokes his chin.

I'll say this, I've made no bones that I love the Gillette Diplomat and it has my go to for a long time even with all the razors I have.

I received my dad's 56' Flair Tip Super-Speed about 6 weeks ago now and I haven't put it up yet. It's like cruising around with a little silver sports car...pretty darn cool...:thumbup1:

The SS is definitely part of my razor rotation, whether it be Red Tip, Blue Tip, Flare Tip or Black Handle. In fact I've been doing some blade testing using the Black Handle SS I recently got from my wife's uncle...

I consider the mid-50's to be the 'Golden Age' of Superspeeds, '54~'59.

It was downhill from there, IMO.

-- John Gehman

While I prefer the 40s style (mainly because they're older), my '56 and '57 are great shavers. Have a British flare tip as well...a real beaut.

Ben

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As you might be able to tell from my user name, I could be a bit prejudiced, but I gotta say I love those Superspeeds.

My '56 SS is a dream to use. It is in use at least 2X a week. I did find a drop of gun oil on the moving parts made it work a bit smoother. Keep those supers working :001_smile

Top Bottom