What's new

Drop/Add aka insta-stress

I've always had a satisfactory schedule far before a semester started, except for Spring '10. I've got a mediocre schedule with four courses but need to pick up at least one more from a shortlist of options. I am going to stress about it and probably carry this tension in my lower back until my schedule is finalized. In short, damn!

Relax! It seems like a huge thing now, but it ten years, you won't even remember what you took. Make the best of what you can get and have a great semester!

Hi. I am new to the forum, but since I am a college professor I figured you might need some guidance. First, relax- so long as you are making progress towards your degree you will be fine. Try and balance hard courses with easier ones in each term to manage your workload. Also try something that is a bit different if you can fit it in. New experiences are often disconcerting at first, but can be a lot of fun.

Hi. I am new to the forum, but since I am a college professor I figured you might need some guidance. First, relax- so long as you are making progress towards your degree you will be fine. Try and balance hard courses with easier ones in each term to manage your workload. Also try something that is a bit different if you can fit it in. New experiences are often disconcerting at first, but can be a lot of fun.

+1 Christian, I can tell you're a perfectionist (like me) and want your plan to be just right. I learned over time that as long as effort and progress are in place, the end goal will be achieved. Have fun! :thumbup1:

Thanks for the input, I nabbed a few courses this morning and will finalize something later this week. I feel much better than I did at the time of my previous posting. I like the fly fishing idea, but I don't believe we have such a class offered here :001_rolle

I understand your frustration Christian. It sounds like everything is working out well for you.

I like the idea of a fishing class.

Also don't hesitate to contact professors to see if you can squeeze into a "full" class. My girlfriend has made perfecting her schedule into an art.

Ahh yes,

One semister I had all my classes on Tuesday and Thursday, And I was done at 2pm. The next semsister I had all my classes M,W,F and only went to class from 9-1. After 4 years on 20+ hours/semister it was awesome. What a great life that was.

In retrospect, I wished I'd not been so focused on plowing through college and had stopped to smell the roses a bit.

Absolutely. I wish I would have joined more groups and met more people. Because now instead of worrying about homework it's worrying about a mortgage, car payment, leaky roof, etc ...

Top Bottom