What's new

storing blades in the bathroom

I was wondering where does everyone store there de blades. I was wondering since I was planning to store my newly purchased 100 pack in the bathroom drawer. Is there any worries about the steam, etc affecting the razor blades.

I would not store my blades in the bathroom. Just keep them in a drawer or closet somewhere else, unless you have them in a shower free bathroom.

Why take the chance? They take up almost no space at all so just store them anywhere else.

Nothing wrong with storing them in a bathroom drawer. I always keep several open and closed boxes there and nothing bad has ever happened to them. Unless you spill water on them, they won't rust.

Jeff in Boston

I keep mine under the sink, in the thick, plastic ziplock bag in which they were shipped. So far so good. Maybe consider an airtight container if it's a worry.

I store mine in the bathroom. Only had 1 problem, and that was with PAL blades, which will rust. The brand new blades in the pack got progressively duller.

I don't store any of my kit in the bathroom, but that started out more due to a lack of space than concern over potential risk from humidity. All of my blades are kept in a dresser drawer which has been sacrificed for that purpose. My razor, brush, scuttle, creams and soaps sit on top of the dresser. It takes me two trips to get everything to and from the bathroom but I just look at it as part of the whole process and it serves to make me take extra care of everything.

I keep mine in the john, but they're inside an old aluminum coffee canister with about 3" of that dessicant silica in the bottom. Once every couple months I remove the blades and stick the canister in a hot oven for a couple hours to dry out any accumulated moisture.

I have a big enough stockpile to keep some in a box in a closet, but I always keep an assortment in the bathroom, in a small wooden box. I throw a couple of small desiccant packages in with them, the kind that you put in camera cases.

I don't store any of my kit in the bathroom, but that started out more due to a lack of space than concern over potential risk from humidity. All of my blades are kept in a dresser drawer which has been sacrificed for that purpose. My razor, brush, scuttle, creams and soaps sit on top of the dresser. It takes me two trips to get everything to and from the bathroom but I just look at it as part of the whole process and it serves to make me take extra care of everything.

LOL...me too. SWMBO griping about "all my shave crap all over the place", and "taking up every bit of free space" led to a) a big arguement, and b) shelves in my home office for MOST of my stuff. I still keep my soaps and creams in there (I get the top of the toilet...yay), and I have a small shel "allocated" to me that I have my razor and brush and a shelf in the cabinet with my alcohol and alum and other little bits and bobs, but my other seven razors, 22 balms and splashes, and five colognes all are within easy reach...I'm looking at them now, as I type this, lol.

Top Bottom