What's new

Newbie Check-in

Greetings, folks. I am relatively new to brush and lather shaving, having learned to shave originally with a multi-bladed cartridge razor. I was never very satisfied with the quality of shave, though, but I did not trust myself with a straight razor. I'm active-duty military, so a good shave isn't just important, it's a requirement to be within regs. I started using a brush (Kingley Pure Badger) and lather (Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood cream in the jar) shaver, at first with my cartridge razor, then with the safety-razor (Merkur classic, long-handle). I am pleased with the quality of shave I've been getting, though it does take a little more work.

Welcome to B & B. It looks like you have yourself a very nice shaving kit. And thank you for your service to our country! Best of luck with your shaving and keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you for your service, I like my merkur long handle, but use it more on weekends when I have more time. If you are running short of time go to a less agressive razor like a schick krona or gillette knack, They both give a better shave than plastic razors but won't be as close as your merkur on a pass for pass basis

carry on,
ken

The whole DE shaving experience becomes something to "be looked forward to".
The more you shave this way the better your technique will become. You have found a great forum these folks rock !!!
Happy Shaves:a21:

Welcome aboard B&B. I can relate to the shave requirement as well. I am now active reserves. I started with DE, and mostly use straights. Straights arent allowed on ships, for obvious reasons. I dont know about DE's though.

Top Bottom