What's new

Favorite Aftershave Splashes without Menthol

I love Aqua Velva, but I've become convinced that menthol causes me to breakout. So what are your favorite aftershaves that don't contain menthol. Right now I'm using generic Old Spice, and I actually find it provides enough moisturizing. What are some others? (don't mention clubman...I hate that stuff).

Does it have to be an alcohol splash?

You can always try drugstore witch hazel w/alcohol for an aftershave.

I'm not big on alcohol splashes but I recently got a bottle of L'Occitane Cade splash that I like a lot.

Most of the Boosters aftershaves do not contain menthol either. I had a 1 oz sample of the Jickey last year that I used up and liked quite a bit.

I pretty much don't like anything mentholated other than AV blue or a little 444 AVB.

But my all time is still Pinaud Club Man (sorry) but I gotta give L'Occitane's splash well deserved nod. It is very nice and reminds me a little of gingerbread cookies.

Try Tabac. I have it, but mostly use Obsession, D.R. Harris Sandalwood, Gray Flannel, TOBS Sandalwood and Habit Rouge. A whole host of splashes out there.

Almost too many to choose from but my three favs at the moment would be Pinaud Bay Rum, Pinaud Eau de Portugal and Speick A/S splash. Not only are these really good aftershaves, but great body splashes as well.

Marty E.

Lotion Opaline - a great, citrusy splash from France. Smells absolutely incredible & no menthol.

Dominica Bay Rum w/Lime - great stuff.

Cade Splash - love that smell!

Harris Pink - a winner.

Speick - Does it really have menthol? Never noticed. In any case, a quality product.

Nature's Gift Sandalwood splash - a real, EO-based Sandalwood splash. Affordable, no menthol and THE most healing splash I own, hands down. The Sandalwood scent is a little watered-down for my taste but for magical, skin-healing properties, you can't beat it. (Read my review of it if you like.) Beats the pants off of other, more established AS's known for their healing properties (like Speick or Pitralon).

Wow-I did not notice that! It's so mild that I never realized it. Thanks Obsessed--I stand corrected...

But it's still great stuff...heh heh....

Marty E.

I agree - the menthol is not really noticeable at all, but if the OP has a sensitivity, I figured it might be a different story.

I know Speick has menthol, but I can't even tell.

All SCS splashes contain menthol.

There's always witch hazel.

Ogalalla Bay Rum is a winner in my books :)

Waiting on a 12.fl bottle of Superhazel, hopefully its what i expect!! :thumbup:

Top Bottom