What's new

Newbie check in

Greetings ,

I thought after lurking on this site for months and learning all I can about straight razors I would finally register and join the community.

My brief introduction is as follows, happily married with two teen aged daughters. I own a small construction based company that seems to absorb too much of my time. I enjoy tinkering, fixing and restoring "stuff". Hence my interest in vintage and hot rod vehicles, fountain pens and now of course straight razors.

I started collecting straights where ever I could find them, antique stores and the mother lode of razors, ebay. Even my barber had some very nice ones that i came to own. Hey it never hurts to ask. While I enjoy restoring them, what I have really come to love is making new scales for lonely blades. Here I have to give a big kudos to Bill Ellis for his CD on repair which probably saved me a year of learning to do things the right way thru trial and error. Maybe later I will post some pics of some of the razors I have finished.

Oh and about the shaving part, I am still learning the art of straight razor shaving. I get a little better each time. I might have given up, except after reading up on it on this site and learning that it takes longer than a few trys to get it right. I mostly use a straight on the weekends now, I dont always have the extra time to stop the blood flow on weekdays. =)

Enough for now and a thanks to all who make this site possible, what a great community and source of information

Terry

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Welcome to a great place. B&B is the place to be for all things shaving related and most things not shaving related.
Can't wait to see some of your handiwork.

Welcome to B&B. Always glad to have another straight shaver in the group. Also, glad to hear that someone else has taken up the art of restoring beautiful blades.

Welcome!

And kudos to the construction business.
That's my old-man's line of work.
He's taught me so much (interlocking, tiles, carpentry, plumbing, etc.) :cowboy:

Top Bottom