What's new

+1 Cheat Death

B

bluefoxicy

Yow.

So I was trying to ATG shave my neck with the Feather AC RG.

By the way, I can take the blade ATG first pass no problem. Don't know why, sure as hell can't do that with a DE.

Anyway, ATG under my throat is right to left.......

The tip went into the soft part of my neck.

And sank in.

No, I didn't cut myself。 I stabbed myself. In the throat.

YeOUCH!

I love the styptic pencil, I really do. But not that much. I'll try not to mortally wound myself while shaving from now on.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sounds like a square end or point is not what you need at this point, eh?
Lots of rounded straights for sale recently on the BST, and that's cheaper than an ER bill!
Sorry to hear about your injury, and hope you make a very speedy recovery.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Good thing you didn't do the Sheffield slide...

I'm a new straight user myself, same razor too, thanks for mentioning this incident. That's going to make me extra careful on my next straight shave. The neck is a pretty tricky place to shave with a straight. :bored: :mad3: :001_rolle

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.I dug into my cheek yesterday cause i forgot to pay attention to the whole blade.

B

bluefoxicy

I'm a new straight user myself, same razor too, thanks for mentioning this incident. That's going to make me extra careful on my next straight shave. The neck is a pretty tricky place to shave with a straight. :bored: :mad3: :001_rolle

A real straight treats me better but I keep destroying the blade.

My ATG pass is right to left under the chin. Lots of exposure to soft bits here and there, and that blade tip isn't guarded and easily finds a way to bite me.

A real straight treats me better but I keep destroying the blade.

My ATG pass is right to left under the chin. Lots of exposure to soft bits here and there, and that blade tip isn't guarded and easily finds a way to bite me.

Sounds like you should stop going ATG unless it's somehow vitally important to your appearance. I mean, is it more vitally important than, say, having a self-induced trach tube? :w00t:

Everything is relative...

This is one of the reasons I only do two passes on the neck with my str8s... Up or Down, never around. Not much risk of serious damage that way.

Good thing you didn't do the Sheffield slide...

I dont really understand why, but that "Sheffield Slide" comment got me rolling for a minute or so. It must be because I have done that so many times to myself (not deep) and that phrase just seems so innocent... Does anyone know of any actual person winding up in the hospital from Straights?

Top Bottom