What's new

Whats the go....

Ok, Im not sure if theres something wrong with my nose.... But since i purchased a bottle of L'Occitane 4 Voleurs everything else seems to smell synthetic and disgusting... I highly doubt each and every bottle of cologne i have went "Off" over the last few days. Has this happened to anyone else..?? Or am i just losing the plot.. :confused1

Depends - what else are you comparing it to? I know that the cheap stuff I used to wear took a real beating when I began trying on quality scents.

Well i have compared it to Bvlgari Notte, Aqva and Tommy Hilfiger Cologne...

I think my nose may have adjusted to woody scent's alot more maybe, i love sniffing my arm after putting on Azzaro and the 4 Voleurs etc, the rest just smell like alcohol with a minor amount of scent attached.

I am however currently culling back my cologne's so i can just run with 4.... Azzaro Pour Homme, 4 Voleurs, L'Occitan and Guerlain Vetiver. I'm sure ill end up adding more to the mix later on ;)

Just as I figured - You're comparing it to some not-so-great scents in my opinion. I've never even tried the Voleurs, but L'Occitane is usually quality stuff (especially considering the reasonable prices)

I like everything Bvlgari has made (fragrance-wise) except for Blv, Blv Notte, and Aqua, although I HAVE owned Blv and Aqua - just couldn't come to terms with the weirdness of Blv and Aqua started to remind me of diapers in comparison to something like Erolfa.

Hilfiger... Different realm entirely. I'm getting bored just thinking about it. It may very well be a decent scent, but (I'd like to think) you're in the process of graduating from this type of stuff.

In fact, you've just convinced me that I need to make a trip to L'Occitane soon!

Well i did like the BLV frags i have during the time i was going through my earlier 20's... But right now i seem to have changed paths, going for different scents all together. The L'Occitane line has caught my attention a fair amount and i would definitely like some variety. Keeping it between 4-5 different scents is what i am targeting. Anymore i would fear them going off.

I recently purchased a new bottle of blv and blv notte.... looks like they are going to be sold or hand balled to my younger brother. :001_rolle

You won't have to worry about your fragrances "going off" unless you are storing them improperly.

Store them in a cool, dry place where the temperature does not fluctuate much (definitely NOT your bathroom or car!) and away from sunlight. They'll last as long as you need them to.

Serious collectors with large collections sometimes go for small wine-refrigerators, but "casual users" with just a few bottles should have nothing to worry about.

Hmm..... Well now thanks for that :) Half of them probably have gone off seeing as just recently moved to the city and at the last place i lived. Had them in my bathroom cabinet for around 1 1/2yrs... :scared: I actually moved them to my bedroom chest of drawers, this morning... After looking how people store them in the thread at basenotes.

*Edit* Couldnt help myself... a Bottle of Guerlain Vetiver is on the way soon :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom