What's new

Cologne with a natural smell?

I'm looking for a cologne that smells a little like nature. I've understood that there exist colognes that smells like trees or something like that. Does anyone have any recommendations?

-Compaq-

I've understood that there exist colognes that smells like trees or something like that. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Ummm... We need more info than that from you to assist, like:
  • Your likes and dislikes in a scent.
  • Family: fougère, oriental or chypre (here's a chart to help you get your bearings!)
  • What sort of trees are you wanting to be reminded of when you put the scent on? Pine? Deep woods? Light woods?
  • What sort of budget are you hoping to stay within?
If you can answer those, we can begin to help you out. Oh, and welcome to the B&B!

Shooting blind here since there's not much info provided, but my favorite combo has become a pine/spruce combo.

Mama Bears Canadian Spruce Shave Soap - http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_25&products_id=423

with Aubrey Organics Northwoods AS - http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=4008 (as of this post they are offering the matching shave cream for free with AS purchase, but it's a non lather.) They also sell a matching deodorant.

I know these are shaving suggestions in the cologne forum, but the scents are strong enough and the splash can be used anytime for a cologne. You just can't get a more refreshing/clean/natural setup than this IMO. Plus all natural and fairly cheap.

I started a similarly titled thread not long ago - you might want to check some of the recommendations made there.

I also prefer scents that smell more natural and less like "cologne" - but realize that's a very subjective sentence.

I don't have anything that to me smells like trees, but I have found a few scents I like:

Art of Shaving Sandalwood - very clean and soapy smelling on me

L'Occitane Eau de L'Occitan - Opens with black pepper and lavender, dries down to burnt wood

L'Occitane Eau de Baux - Opens with pink peppercorns and spice, reveals some incense and dries down to a rich vanilla

Several bay rums - spicy, with cloves and bay leaf, really warm and unlike what I think of as a "cologne" smell

It's difficult for most people to dissect and describe scents - and colognes react with you body chemistry and the fragrance changes - your best bet is to get some suggestions here, sample and give your reaction and iterate.

For most of my life I didn't think I liked colognes because I couldn't stand what I'd been exposed to. I still don't like the majority I sample but I'm finding that I like more than I thought I would.

Your likes and dislikes in a scent.
Family: fougère, oriental or chypre (here's a chart to help you get your bearings!)
What sort of trees are you wanting to be reminded of when you put the scent on? Pine? Deep woods? Light woods?
What sort of budget are you hoping to stay within?

It doesn't have to smell like MAAAN, but not female-ish either:blush: It's hard to descrube what I like. I'd prefer not to have such a strong scent that people 5 meters away pick it up. Perhaps a little subtle? I guess this boils down to how much I use as well. A fresh scent, as well as the typical man + different from what "the average teenager" uses.
I'm not sure I understand the difference between "deep wood" and "light wood", but I'm thinking that a deep woody scent would be nice.
As for the budget, let's not worry about that. Or, well, not more than 60 USD:blush: Does the saying "you get what you pay for" apply to this?

*curses computer for not having scent samples!!!!*

Tam Dao: Smells like sticking your nose up to a piece of kiln dried wood
SCS Aspect: Smells green without being piney
SCS Blend 2-11: Smells like sticks and crushed leaves

MAJOR +1 (more like plus 50) on Gucci Pour Homme - it's a masterpiece.

On the less woodsy more foresty front - you just can't go wrong with Trumper's Wild Fern. It's pricey (at 48.00) but worth it. I envision taking a nap in a rainforest after a morning dew has begun to evaporate. Sounds like the York Peppermint Patty shtick, cept' for Wild Fern!

I thought of Nancy Boy's "Butch". You might check The Perfumed Court....use the search by notes feature, they have a "natural" category.

Top Bottom