What's new

Your Canned Shaving Goop

Before you chuck those cans of shaving goop into the trash can...

Many elementary school teachers ask their students to bring in a can of shaving cream to use for cleaning off their desktops. Yes... it works to remove pencil marks, crayon, markers, school glue, etc, from the desktops.

So, you may want to ask your young child if he/she could use your unwanted can(s) of shave cream for this purpose. Or, if you don't have children... now you know another use for the stuff in the cans. :thumbup1:

chop-chop

I hear it can also be used as a floor wax and a dessert topping! :biggrin:

A friend of mine who used to work in advertizing once told me that canned shave cream (foam) is often used as "dessert topping" in t.v. and print commercials as the hot lights melt the real stuff.

A friend of mine who used to work in advertizing once told me that canned shave cream (foam) is often used as "dessert topping" in t.v. and print commercials as the hot lights melt the real stuff.

Figures-it looks good, but performs like :9898:

Marty

Clever idea! I would have tried this with my last two cans of Edge, but I gave them to my "to-be" father-in-law...I found out that, prior to that, he shaved with just water! He's a corn and soybean farmer in western Minnesota...tough as nails and a leather hide ;)

I don't recommend this or advocate it in any way:

I dimly recall colledge days in engineering school where gel shaving creams were ignited for inappropriate attempts of prankish fun.​

Seriously,
I think the cleaning idea is a good one. ALso:

I have a bunch of cans of Edge cream plus gillette electric pre & post shave. I was thinking of donating them to charities that accept food and personal care items. Then I got into a moral dilemma: If I am dumping it because it's poo should I really be passing it on to someone? Maybe a better thing to do would be to put a few tubes of Proraso into the basket.

It's a defogger too.

Put a thin layer of foam on a mirror, and wipe off.

That should keep your mirror free from fogging up.

And as they said in a commercial a while back, "And that's a beautiful reflection on you, isn't it?"

Clever idea! I would have tried this with my last two cans of Edge, but I gave them to my "to-be" father-in-law...I found out that, prior to that, he shaved with just water! He's a corn and soybean farmer in western Minnesota...tough as nails and a leather hide ;)

Hey, HEY....I'm a Minnesotan!! Take it easy, if you look at the google map there are several of us here that have a clue! :biggrin:

Top Bottom