What's new

Trac II blades

Hello,

So after shaving with an Atra for the most part I have recently found myself trying out my Trac II with the bump fighter handle and found I got a beter shave only because it got those tough spots on the jaw line closer. I wanted to pick up some more Personna blades and noticed Col. Conk sells the blades as does Merkur. Are there any members here who might have used two of the three and have a preference by chance ?

I am just ticked off that apparently everyone in the world can find a Bumpfighter handle except me :sad:
I have searched every Wal-Mart and drug store in a three county radius and ZERO luck. This damned place just ain't ethnically diverse enough I reckon.
I had to resort to ordering a Trac II handle from Asia and still waiting on it to arrive. I plan on using the Dollar General Trac II/Atra combo blades that get such good reviews here.
Wp

I am just ticked off that apparently everyone in the world can find a Bumpfighter handle except me :sad:
I have searched every Wal-Mart and drug store in a three county radius and ZERO luck. This damned place just ain't ethnically diverse enough I reckon.
I had to resort to ordering a Trac II handle from Asia and still waiting on it to arrive. I plan on using the Dollar General Trac II/Atra combo blades that get such good reviews here.
Wp

Did you try CVS?

Wp

I noticed my local CVS has the bumpfighter (well, they only had one), but I'd already bought one of Dr. Idiot's Indian Trac II clones. Looks okay, but it will probably be quite a while before I try it. Only got it because it was so cheap and I was curious.

If you really wanted to try the bumpfighter, though, Amazon has them, and you can get free shipping if your total order is $25.

I noticed my local CVS has the bumpfighter (well, they only had one), but I'd already bought one of Dr. Idiot's Indian Trac II clones. Looks okay, but it will probably be quite a while before I try it. Only got it because it was so cheap and I was curious.

I recieved my Indian Trac II from dridiot today and gave it a whirl :wink2:
TWO THUMBS UP! The thing appears very well made and the carts fit nice and snugly. I shaved with it just to test it out and it is very impressive.

While I am going to stick with my Old Type for my facial shaving I believe I have found where the Trac II will come into my routine. Because of the long handle and mild blades it is PERFECT for shaving the back of my neck!
I am always leary of shaving back there with a DE and have just been clipping as best I could but with the Trac II I can shave my neck with zero problems :thumbup: I have just solved a problem which I never really considered solving with this purchase!
Viva Trac II!
Wp

Hello,
While I have not tried the Conk Carts, I have tried the Merkur Carts. They are excellent giving me four great shaves. They work great on the Merkur cartridge handle. I don't use the plastic adaptor that makes it pivot. The Merkur carts don't work on the Bump Fighter handle that I got at CVS. The angle is all wrong and they don't fit snugly. The B.F. handle works with the Gillette and Personna carts. I abhor the Personna carts. The Gillette Trac carts are fair, but I think Gillette Atra ones are sharper. The Merkur carts are more squared off from a side view, and the Gillette/ Personna Trac carts are more of a wedge shape. They necessitate a different handle.

Hello,
While I have not tried the Conk Carts, I have tried the Merkur Carts. They are excellent giving me four great shaves. They work great on the Merkur cartridge handle. I don't use the plastic adaptor that makes it pivot. The Merkur carts don't work on the Bump Fighter handle that I got at CVS. The angle is all wrong and they don't fit snugly. The B.F. handle works with the Gillette and Personna carts. I abhor the Personna carts. The Gillette Trac carts are fair, but I think Gillette Atra ones are sharper. The Merkur carts are more squared off from a side view, and the Gillette/ Personna Trac carts are more of a wedge shape. They necessitate a different handle.

Curious as to why you hate the Personna Trac II carts. I find them harsh on the first shave, to be sure, but after that they perform pretty well and I usually get 6 shaves out of them.

To be fair, though, lately I have been choosing Atra over Trac II. I getting a really good shave in two passes with Atra (WTG, XTG) and the shave is quite comfortable.

Hi Kingfisher,
I like the price of the Personna Trac Carts, and they don't have the goo strip. They are very popular on this forum. For some reason they just don't work for my heavy Irish beard. I find them rough and they nick me. After shaving with one my face looks gray-still stubbled. I wonder if it is the lack of flow through between the blades because of the white plastic insert? I tried rinsing the head after every pass to no avail. I've had bad luck with A.S.R. carts in general. The Gillette branded Trac II's currently offered are made in Mexico and the Gillette Atra's are made in China. It lends credence to the theory that Gillette intentionally lowers quality to push one into the M3/ Fusion. Guys at my workplace swear by the Fusion, and claim that it delivers great shaves. I don't want to pay $3.50 a cartridge to find out. I think if a guy was looking for a cheap shave a Contour or Atra handle off of Ebay and some genuine Gillette Atra carts would deliver the goods. I also like the Korean Dollar General carts, for my Atra, but they are not long lasting.

Hi Kingfisher,
I like the price of the Personna Trac Carts, and they don't have the goo strip. They are very popular on this forum. For some reason they just don't work for my heavy Irish beard. I find them rough and they nick me. After shaving with one my face looks gray-still stubbled. I wonder if it is the lack of flow through between the blades because of the white plastic insert? I tried rinsing the head after every pass to no avail. I've had bad luck with A.S.R. carts in general. The Gillette branded Trac II's currently offered are made in Mexico and the Gillette Atra's are made in China. It lends credence to the theory that Gillette intentionally lowers quality to push one into the M3/ Fusion. Guys at my workplace swear by the Fusion, and claim that it delivers great shaves. I don't want to pay $3.50 a cartridge to find out. I think if a guy was looking for a cheap shave a Contour or Atra handle off of Ebay and some genuine Gillette Atra carts would deliver the goods. I also like the Korean Dollar General carts, for my Atra, but they are not long lasting.

Yeah. I've been using NOS Gillette Atra carts from the late 1970s; the ones that came with the little push-button that cleaned out crap from in between the blades. These are nice carts, but I've just used my last one. I bought some of the Auto Plus carts at WalMart; I hope they work for me. Otherwise I'll get some from Dollar General and see what kind of luck I have. Thanks for the answer.

Top Bottom