What's new

What a beautiful razor!

Just looking on the bay I found this gorgeous razor. I hope nobody uses it for shaving, that's a display piece!

I hope it's OK to post the link, I am not associated with the seller in any way.

Edit: link removed, auction is still live, but it was for a 30's Gold Gillette New Deluxe President

Last edited:
Indeed. The NEW DeLuxe President is perhaps the most beautiful razor Gillette ever made, and being a NEW DeLuxe it would also be amongst the best shaving razors ever made.

Wow. I'm not a collector or into Gillettes, but this sure is one very beautiful razor. I don't know if the price is a fair one, but I would pay it if I had the money.

OK, no links to live auctions, but here is a picture from mine:

proxy.php

That razor is absolutely stunning and very rare and the final price will undoubtedly reflect those facts, but what about this interesting piece from the same seller? Looks a little suspect to me...

I was wondering how week after week month after month this guy comes up with these fantastic looking razors. So he is re-plating them?

Ok ok it's a great razor. But how many times does the seller need to repeat that? I swear it seemed like I hadn't even scrolled down the page, because it looked like the text was on loop. I don't even know why I was masochistic enough to read that whole thing

I was wondering how week after week month after month this guy comes up with these fantastic looking razors. So he is re-plating them?

He must be replating. The president looks Too good to be true.. as a loose item with no case? I doubt it. THe gold-plated super-adjustable is another red flag IMO.

He must be replating. The president looks Too good to be true.. as a loose item with no case? I doubt it. THe gold-plated super-adjustable is another red flag IMO.

I was thinking exactly that. I can appreciate them restoring razors, but they clearly state in their description that the razor has the original plating... and that is just shady.

With this in mind, they must be re-plating all of their razors :confused1

Guys, that's not a gold replated Slim, it's an Aristocrat from the late sixties. Check Achim's pics if you don't believe me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Guys, that's not a gold replated Slim, it's an Aristocrat from the late sixties. Check Achim's pics if you don't believe me.

Not the same spacing on the rings and not the same knurling pattern as an Aristocrat adjustable.

I think it is a replated Super Adjustable, probably had damaged black anodized coating, so replated with gold.
Same pattern as the Super, same spacing of the rings.

The gold on the handle does not match the head and adjuster ring.

Compare spacing, handle pattern and gold head as pictured below. (Thanks again Achim, your site is a wonderful resource)

Last edited:
Top Bottom