What's new

New razor suggestion

So, not too long ago I think I messed up my Gillette Slim. I dropped it about 2 feet into the sink, and ever since then I have been getting ugly shaves (ie nicks and weepers) and I can definitely tell that one side feels like it is cutting properly while the other side does not. Since I have no idea how to fix the problem, and the guards look level to the eye, I think I need to replace it, but I'd like a suggestion or two. I like the Edwin Jagger line, as well as the Merkur barber poles. I need something that shaves close to a Slim set on 5. Whadaya think?

Why not a Merkur Progress? It's a tad more bulkier and not that easy to maneuver (IMO better for large hands) but can be adjusted and is of solid quality.

So, not too long ago I think I messed up my Gillette Slim. I dropped it about 2 feet into the sink, and ever since then I have been getting ugly shaves (ie nicks and weepers) and I can definitely tell that one side feels like it is cutting properly while the other side does not. Since I have no idea how to fix the problem, and the guards look level to the eye, I think I need to replace it, but I'd like a suggestion or two. I like the Edwin Jagger line, as well as the Merkur barber poles. I need something that shaves close to a Slim set on 5. Whadaya think?

As you are interested in Jagger, why not give the Muhle R106 a try?

It has just been reviewed here: nimar's review on B&B

Absolutely, get the new one that appeals. But let's get that Slim fixed up as good as new too!

Could you post some close up pics with a blade in it, one of each side, and one of each end? Keep the same setting for all (maybe on 3?). Let us have a look and see if we can guide you through bringing it back to it's former glory!

Top Bottom