What's new

Happy new year everyone and thanks for all the advice!

I just realized what a wonderful year I have in front of me. I am four months into DE and the layer of dust on my M3 is so thick that I would probably break into a cough if I were to attempt to blow it off. For Xmas I got a Yardley shaving soap which my father must have bought in the beginning of the 70ies, used it once and decided that DE-shaving was not for him (is this a tallow based soap?). It still smells of lavender and it gave me a great shave. I also received a handful of ancient swedish straights which have not seen service for decades: some probably beyond repair and others looking fantastic. I am still building my rotation and I am quite sure I am tallow-smitten. I also still have all the blade tests in front of me: yum! Last but not least, I owe it to the family to try the straights of my SWMBO's late relatives. As of yet, I have not found any fellow DE-shavers with AD or CTD (compulsory testing disorder) in my immediate vicinity so I am relying on you guys for further shaving development. The experience thus far has been mindboggling thanks to the unusually friendly atmosphere and the incredible tutorial-material available on this site. Thus, I would like to wish everyone a happy new shaving year 2010 and I shall look forward to more of the awesome support that I have encountered this far.

Top Bottom