What's new

Help with superlather

Have a couple of QED soaps with wonderful scents....absolutely love them.
Sandlewood and Rose Geranium. The problem is the lathering of them, especially the Sandlewood. I've tried and tried, but just can't get a good cushion to the lather. I get good shaves with them, but I classify it as a "scary" shave. What non-scented shave cream should I purchase to help with the lathering?

Tracy

I've never tried QED soaps. I also don't superlather much. When I do, I've had the most success with Kiss My Face unscented.

- Peter

Are you sure you are loading your brush with enough soap? Try loading more soap on your brush and bowl lather with a teaspoon of water and see what happens. Kiss My Face is one of the few unscented creams and seems to have a great reputation around here although I have never used it myself. When superlathering, all you need is a little dab of cream in the bottom of your bowl along with a properly loaded brush. Good luck.

Oh I've loaded it alright....super-loaded! I've added various amounts of water from a little to alot. I'm getting lather....lots of it actually. It's just not a good cushioning lather. I use Mama Bears and others with much better results. I just love the scent of these two QED soaps and would like to have more cushion when using them without altering the smell. I will look into the Kiss My Face, and hopefully a few others will chime in here.

Thanks guys and Happy New Year!

Tracy

another vote for KMF unscented. Doesn't even require a full pump; a half-pump of the stuff will round out your soap lather perfectly.:thumbup1:

QED soaps, IMO, have less cushion to them than other soaps. HBS, MB and TGQ soaps, for me, provide more cushioning. I don't superlather much, but KMF unscented has worked very well for me too.

I think KMF is available at a couple of stores close to me. I'll give it a go. I agree with redbike....QED while slick an close shave-able.....not cushiony. I get more nicks and weepers with them than any others. I sure hope this helps in that regard because I love the smell!!

+1 KMF

If you can't find it locally you can get it shipped free from Amazon in the 4-pack for $31.80

Not really any cheaper than I can get it at the grocery store down the street form me, and the 4 pack will probably take about 10 years to go through (you don't need anywhere close to a full pump to superlather), but at least it's a decent price with free shipping

Top Bottom