What's new

Great Shave Today!!

After a LONG cold rainy day at work:thumbdown I came home and decided I would have a grand shave to pep myself up :biggrin1:

I loaded my Magical Mystery Handled Gillette Old Type up with a 1971 Gillette Spoiler Blade, lathered up with Van der Spice from a late 70's Old Spice mug and went to shavin'! When finished I topped it off with 1969-70 vintage Avon Windjammer AS in the "Straight 8" decanter :thumbup: I enjoyed shaving products made in 4 decades at the same time!
Wonderful fun!!

I know now why Gillette called these blades "The Spoiler". Only two passes and I am damn near BBS!! :w00t:
I love my Red Packs and Derbys and Super Thins but I reckon the Spoiler has them all beat.

Amazing how a simple shave can make us feel so much better, no?
Wp

so you used a blade from 1971..that can be sanitary man..imagine the chemicals on the blade that sat there..IMOO
ek.310

I know the feeling. I've been learning how to use a straight for the last couple of weeks and I decided to use a DE for the last two days to take a break. I got almost effortless BB shaves. What a great feeling!

I wondered if it were okay to use old blades as long as the blades were sealed, had no blemishes, etc.

I don't see why not. My understanding of steel is that the metallurgical developments have changed points of carbon, vanadium, etc but it's not like they used to put DDT in there or something.

Top Bottom