What's new

Recommend me an electric water boiler

Other than the occasional glass of milk or water, all I ever drink is unsweetened herbal tea. Because of that, it is imperative for me to have a working water boiler. The past two that I have had were from Braun, and they keep breaking. The last one would sometimes not start at all and the one I have now randomly shuts off.

Does anyone know of a good electric water boiler that will do its job? The only criterion I have is that the electric water boiler can boil seven cups of water.

I got a Sunbeam electric at Target for under $40. It boils 8 cups in a few minutes. It has been very reliable. It has only one button, which turns it on and then it pops up when the water is boiled.

I've got no personal experience with them, but from what I've read it's pretty much impossible to go wrong with Zojirushi, but you'll pay a premium for the quality.

I use a Toastmaster THP 32 W. 7 cups to the brim. Have had it for several years. Travel with it and use it daily for shaving. It has never failed me. Not fast, but reliable and heats the water just fine.

I drink a lot of tea and hence use a water boiler very intensively. I have a Krups which I've been using over three years now. Still works very fine.

I have a large Krups tea kettle at home that I've been using at home for a couple of years with no complaint. I had a smaller Braun in my office that I used regularly for five or six years and my daughter has been using it daily at college for another two. Still works great. If you use a lot of hot water or want it all day, Zoji makes excellent pots.

Top Bottom