What's new

Have You Planned Your 1/1/10 Shave

Many of us will wake up sometime on 1/1/10 and have our first shave of the year. If you're like me, and I'm sure you are, you have a dizzying array of razors, creams, soaps and brushes. Not to mention a couple of bowls and maybe even a scuttle or two in that shave den. If you use DE's, you most likely have an assortment of blades too.

That first shave of the year! What will you use? Have you given it any thought?

As was the case for Christmas, I'll probably skip the shave. I'll have the day off and my wife likes the stubble. :angry:
Heck, my face deserves a long weekend once in a while:biggrin1:

Hadn't thought about it until now. I think I will go with:

MWF - haven't tried this one yet but I've heard so much about it I want to give it a go.
GFT Coral Skin Food
Mergress set at 4 with a new Bluebird
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel
Ogallala Bay Rum AS
Ogallala Bay Rum Special Reserve Cologne

Happy New Year!

Good idea for a thread. I'll go with the following sequence:

Pre-shave - Shave Secret
Soap - Tabac
Blade - Red IP
Razor - Gillette Toggle set to #3
AS - Aqua Velva Musk

Four passes to try for BBS. It would be nice to begin the New Year and decade with a first-class shave! (Though technically, doesn't the new decade start in 2011 with 2010 being the last year of the past decade?)

Never really thought about it. I will do this though

mix of Pen. BB cream w/ Pen. EF soap, try a feather blade for the first time and finish up with usual D.R. Harris AS milk. maybe I'll do this while wearing a 2010 party hat to make it extra special :thumbup:

Never really thought about it. I will do this though

mix of Pen. BB cream w/ Pen. EF soap, try a feather blade for the first time and finish up with usual D.R. Harris AS milk. maybe I'll do this while wearing a 2010 party hat to make it extra special :thumbup:

you mix BB & EF????? Obviously you like it... I never... well.

Have you reviewed this particular superlather for B&B yet? I'm dying to read all about it.

I only thought about it because it's a Friday, and I'd picked Saturday as the day to rotate to another type of razor.

On the 1st, I'll use either my L1 or I2 injector, probably Proraso cream, prepping by taking a shower, and as usual, no aftershave. It's not a day off for me.

On the 2nd, I want to try the Fatboy that I recently bought and cleaned. I'm not working on the weekend, so I can take my time learning the quirks of a new razor. Also, after using injectors for two weeks, and single edge for a couple of weeks before that, I may need to re-adjust to use a DE.

Great thread idea! I'm taking the girlfriend to the airport that evening, so upon my arrival home, maybe I'll treat myself to a longer shave...

Pre-shave: Musgo gylce lime soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Bluebird
Soap: TOBS Lavendar
ASB: Musgo real AS Balsam

A damn fine way to start the new year!

Everything you guys have written sounds good. I have Trumpers Coral and BB so I may use them both. My plan was to wait until later in the day after having coffee and doing nothing for awhile. Something I usually do on a day off.

Let's keep those ideas rolling in and that evening we can share what we actually did.

Tentative and subject to the whims of change:

CF Pre-Shave
Rooney Heritage Victorian
Valobra Stick
Mergress with a fresh Black 7 O'Clock
Thayers Witch Hazel
Trumpers Coral Skin Food

you mix BB & EF????? Obviously you like it... I never... well.

Have you reviewed this particular superlather for B&B yet? I'm dying to read all about it.

I shall post a review when I'm done. Never done it before but hey there's a first time for everything.

Unfortunately I likely will not get to shave on the 1st. We'll be out of town and have several things on the agenda that day with our friends.

It'll be a late shave this New Year's Day as I'm booked to go play for an orchard wassail for kids in the morning and I doubt I'l be getting up early enough!

I reckon it'll be the Feather AC with a new Super Pro blade, Probably Cella for the soap, my favourite Shavemac and whatever balm takes my fancy afterwards. don't usually bother with aftershave other than balms.

Gareth

I'll need to think this out properly; I have several new items that I haven't used yet including L'Occitane soap, QED 218 Special, and Speick. :biggrin1:

I'll need to think this out properly; I have several new items that I haven't used yet including L'Occitane soap, QED 218 Special, and Speick. :biggrin1:
That's the line of thinking that I'm going with too ... break out some stuff that I already have purchased but haven't tried yet.

Among the candidates, I can choose from:

Sir Irisch Moos shave stick.
La Toja cream.
Erasmic Shave Stick.
Palmolive Shave Stick.
An English made Gillette Open Comb.
Numerous blades that I've been collecting but haven't used.

Now, when exactly is 1/1/10 or is it 1/1/2010? Well once I figure that out it's easy.

Hot towel prep
Tabac soap
Restored badger brush, Golden Nib Knot, a big one!

proxy.php

1906 Double ring blade holder

proxy.php

Iridium super DE blade
Usual post shave witch hazel
CHL
and a BIG smile!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

HAPPY UP COMING NEW YEAR TO ALL

Last edited:
Seeing as I'm going to a party Thursday night, I'm going to shave beforehand...so I really won't need to shave on New Year's Day... But here is what I'll most likely use the night before:

Merkur HD (maybe my Gillette Super Speed, if it gets here tomorrow!!!)
Sharp Brand blade
Omega Best Badger brush
Bigelow Cream, might throw in some VDH for superlather
Cold Rinse
PROBABLY Brut AS, possibly Aqua Velva.. haven't decided yet.

Merkur Open Comb HD
D. R. Harris Arlington Cream and Aftershave
Rooney Heritage Stubby 1

almost wish I had my Rooney 1/1 Super for the 1/1/10 shave.

Top Bottom