What's new

Whole Foods

What are you favorite shaving products from Whole Foods? They recently bought out Wild Oats here in Utah. And other than Jasons products, Wild Oats carries crap for shaving goods...

Randy

I used the Kiss My Face (mint) yesterday - it's pretty good. It lathers easily and offers good protection. I didn't much care for the scent: somehow it smells sweet, like mint chip ice cream instead of the refreshing mint from godrej blue. But it's worth a try.

They also sell alcohol-free witch hazel.

Tom's of Maine shaving cream and Kiss My Face shaving cream is about it and Tom's of Maine shaving cream no longer exists. I generally stay away from brushless shaving cream and that is what the other stuff seems to be.

They bought the Wild Oats stores around here as well and promptly shut down the one closest to my house.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have a $50 gift certificate from Whole Foods (aka: Whole Paycheck).

I'm looking forward to that slice of cheese.

Alpaca mittens, KMF cream, and Salt Lick BBQ are the only things I really buy at Whole Foods.

It's kind of like a huge Trader Joes bred with a fresh Market with WAY less charm, WAY more aisles, and TONS more co-op hippie types. Expensive as heck too.

The Herban Cowboy products they carry are not well reviewed either. As Harry said, though, they do carry a nearly complete line of Thayers Witch Hazel products.

The local Whole Foods here has

Kiss My Face Shaving Creams - good for the price
Royall Aftershave/colognes
Burt's Bees Cologne - YMMV
Burt's Bees Shaving Cream - as mentioned, doesn't lather
Burt's Bees After Shave balm - citrus scented, I like for the price

The two whole Foods stores near me have a pretty nice selection of mens shaving products. They sell
Weleda-whole product line
Lucky Tiger- most of the premium line, none of the barbershop stuff:(
Kiss My face- cream
Men's Stock(Aubrey organics)- scrub, cream, balm, shampoo, deod, splash
Burts Bee- mens cream, balm, cologne, soap
Alba- brushless cream
Zia- face wash, scrub, cream
BeeCeuticals- toner/aftershave splash
Earth Science- shave cream and aftershave splash
Thayers- full product range
Herban Cowboy- shave brush, cream, deod, soap

My favorites are the KMF lavender/shea cream and the Mens Stock splashes and balms. You might also want to check out the large selection of bar soaps they sell and if your into coffee the in-store roasted Kenya is excellent.

Which is very negatively reviewed, and basically a useless product. The shaving cream that Burt's Bees makes is a true brushless cream, and will not lather at all.

That's good to know. You saved me the aggravation of finding this out first hand. Thanks.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
+1 The ASB is really nice.

Avoid the shaving cream though... I tried and tried and couldn't get it to lather well to save my life.

Odd, I have that cream and it lathers up very well, very nice cream, very protective has a lot of Allantoin, only down fall for me is the scent, one has to get used to it.

Top Bottom